The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£1560 for a couple hundred miles a year... How do you guys do it?

Karl M N

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When it's cold and icy out and the roads are covered in salt and dirt I sometimes do wonder why I keep it. But taking it out on a dry day makes me forget all that.

My insurance when I first got the car was about 1100, it's

Limited miles, 4000 a year. No agreed value although I've thought about doing that recently, they have to pay out the market value though and mine isn't heavily modified?

Salvage rights, that's a new one on me, in the past I've bought back a written off motorbike as it was only financially written off.

What are salvage rights mate?

Salvage rights enable you to buy the car back from the insurance company in the event of a write off. Rather than the insurance company keeping the car and selling it on to a salvage yard/breaker after paying you off.

I think the cost of this works out around 10% of the agreed value with your insurer.

As an example if your car has an agreed value for 20k they should give you 18K and your car back.

• 2 weeks later...