The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra facelift na build No2

brom86

Hey people, I thought I would start another thread and document the changes and history of the car for future reference and sale.

This is my second build and again loving buying parts and making it my own. This is my first build thread here

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=307401

I sold that car and lasted less than a year before I needed to return to the supra world. Altho never really left and don't think I ever will

My new car is also a non turbo facelift auto however it's a 99 with only 92000klm. Unfortunately it's been a hard 92000. I purchased the car is Glasgow and when I went to view it, the owner had no real history for the car. He purchased the house and the car was thrown in on the deal. He serviced it and put a fresh mot on it but I believe it hadnt really been ran in a few years. It had been left to rot really. The white paint was matt white and the car needed ALOT of work. It also appeared to have had a small bump causing slight damage to the drivers wing and rear quarter. Both had been fixed years previous so the paint had faded

But i could see the potential and purchased the car without hesitation. And driving it home, it didn't miss a beat. And nearly a year on its stayed the same, apart from the alternator which decided to give up

First thing on the list was a very good clean!! Took two days to do it and I managed to bring 80% of the cars paint back to life again

Next was to update the look of the car and return the front to the correct facelift look. So I purchased new side indicators, front looms and grill bar. I also got the rmm earless front splitter which looks grest against the white

Next I removed the hks filter and fitted the oem airbox as oem is best apparently. Especially on na cars

I then began to update the interior sound system by changing all speakers to pioneers with a pioneer headunit and vibe subwoofer with amp

With the car really coming together I wanted to change the wheels and exhaust. These were annoying me and weren't really giving me the look a wanted so I purchased a 3" non resonated whifbitz exhaust from a fellow member. It wasn't long out the packaging and I was straight down to the garage to get it fitted and what a difference it made. I then got a cheap set of ace alloys and had them refurbished which again changed the look of the car and would do me untill I purchased the alloys I really wanted

The rear bumper paint was very poor and making the rest of the car look a different colour. So I got it professionally painted and fitted a carbon whifbitz exhaust surround which turned out great. Loved the look against the white paint which was now flawless however that made the whole car now look bad haha.

I also had my arches rolled thanks to liam due to the size of my new alloys. I also fitted the rear roof spoiler made by vic in the states which is similar to the oem one.

I also began to make a few small changes which included bulbs and interior bulbs. I also fitted new mats and side skirt extentions which I like and are different

It was at this point I noticed that the dials had diss coloured and required to be changed, so I purchased new dials from metal monkey and happy with the new different look.

Whilst the dash was off I thought it was a good idea to paint the dash panels Matt black using plasti dip. I had done this with my other supra and loved it. This turned out really good giving it a fresh clean oem look with a rubber texture to it

The pre facelift headlights were annoying me so I picked up a set of facelift headlights which again looks better and brings it back to a more oem look for its year

Up to now these are the main stages of the build. I have replaced broken interior parts and replaced the rear bench back to leather ect and there are things I'm probably forgetting.

Now for the future, I intend on completing the interior with leather oem facelift seats or really nice recaros. Also plan on 're doing the steering wheel

I also intend to fit coilovers with new top mounts and any other suspension parts which require changing followed by a 're alignment. This year I hope to get the alloys which I really like, jr10 alloys in silver or chrome.Haha

Then it will be into a full service including all belts, plugs, leads, filters, timing kit, water pump ECT ECT. Once this has been done and happy with the car, I will treat her to a full 're spray back to 040 white.

Thanks for reading and I'll update the thread if I have more changes in the next few weeks/months imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Edited by brom86 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I have put some time and money into the supra this month making it more my own.

Finished fitting my metal monkey dials which I love. Worth the money and changes the dash making it more modern

Was toying with getting the oem steering wheel 're covered but a momo jet with carbon inserts came up. So fitted this with a new driftworks boss kit

Swapped the door grip handles to pre facelift ones

Fitted footwell white led lighting

S2000 stubby antenna fitted

Also managed to pick up a replica autoshine carbon rear diffuser. Requires some tlc but this will be fixed and fitted soon

Also picked up a half carbon trd style spoiler which also needed tlc. The carbon blade and end caps were professional refurbished and side mounts painted in 040 white as were my wing mirrors. The car was given a good clean, detail and waxing prior to new parts going on

Car is really coming together now and happy with the results so farimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• 1 month later...

Another few goodies purchased for the car over the last month or two. Now the car is looking how i want it.

Picked up a set of xxr alloy wheels which have been painted silver with chrome paint lip. Size is perfect for the car

Also got some new bc coilovers fitted which gives me the stance im after and the difference in handling and comfort is excellent

Also fitted a set of facelift leather front seats which totally changes the look of the interior. Interior is nearly finished

Picking up a new fosta roll cage which I will get powder coated white to match the car and fitted over the next week or so along with new mats

Really happy with how it looks now and ready for some car meets this summer

Next on the list is full major service including plugs, filters, belts and fluids ECT for peice of mind as the car came with no real history

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage