The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel/Tyre sizes?! (Yes another one :))

BoostJunky86

Hi All.

Before you say it yes I’ve searched(inc US sites)

Can someone confirm this should fit?!

Front

18x10”

ET44

265/35/18

R888R/pilot sport cup 2 etc.

Rear

18x11.5”

ET49

315/30/18

Matching tyres to whatever I fit front but probably R888R.

Any improvments to be made to those offsets?

Stock UK calipers but wheel design won’t cause issues there.

Chris is spot on with his fitment. I have the same fitment, but with a 19x11 +42 (same as a 11.5 +48).

If you have front and rear rolled then that will be fine

Mine are all cut not rolled but this is what I have

18 x 11.5 et50 at the back with a 315 tyre and front I have 18 x 10.5 et44 with a 285 tyre with no issues

Do you have pictures of the inside of your cutted rear fenders? I have to do mine in the near future.

Chris is spot on with his fitment. I have the same fitment, but with a 19x11 +42 (same as a 11.5 +48).

Do you have pictures of the inside of your cutted rear fenders? I have to do mine in the near future.

Check out second to last page I think on my build thread ..link in my sig box .. only pic I have

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

Its also worth noting that depending what tyres you are going for Toyo R888's actually come out at around 10mm wider than the measurement on the side wall... not sure if the R888R's also do or not but if you had a tyre at say 315/30/18 and was really close to catching (within a couple of mm's) then using the same size R888's would catch... just something else to consider so you dont get caught out

Its also worth noting that depending what tyres you are going for Toyo R888's actually come out at around 10mm wider than the measurement on the side wall... not sure if the R888R's also do or not but if you had a tyre at say 315/30/18 and was really close to catching (within a couple of mm's) then using the same size R888's would catch... just something else to consider so you dont get caught out

If that's the case I have R888's all round

If that's the case I have R888's all round

Yeah its caught me out in the past, ordered the same size but R888's and had to get my arches rolled as they caught. Read about a few people having the same trouble after. Think 10mm is the general difference as my 325 M&H tyres I got now are identical in width to my 315 R888's.

The R888R's may be different though I have no experience with those.

Yeah its caught me out in the past, ordered the same size but R888's and had to get my arches rolled as they caught. Read about a few people having the same trouble after. Think 10mm is the general difference as my 325 M&H tyres I got now are identical in width to my 315 R888's.

The R888R's may be different though I have no experience with those.

Yea I can see its a bit beefy tyre from my old set up even though my old wheels were only 265's

Im just glad when I done all my body work I cut my arches back just in case I went larger wheel ! lol

Thanks for reply Shawn.

Yeah aware of it so was nice to see a reply with some with 888’s.

Newer R’s don’t seem to come to as wide but old 888’s were Defo wider. From memory my old ones in 235 were actually more like 242/243

I’d like to go old 888 over new R. But either way think it will be Toyo. A048 and A052 are mental money for no real gain