The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Srd 2017

Lee P

Well it’s been a fantastic year, here is a summary of some of the awesome cars we have had the pleasure of building and working on.

We also have some big builds we have been working on that will be finishing in 2018, will be updating on those soon.

We hope you all have a very happy new year.

Glenn’s Supra re-rebuild,

Build thread here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?332622-NEW-SRD1000-Build-amp-Darnley-AutoWorks-Bodywork-Project&highlight=glenn

Zach’s SRD1000S Supra

Build thread

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?329684-Project-800&highlight=zach

Ant’s Project Aurora

Build Thread

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?318887-6Speed-Aerotop-Single-Turbo-Project-Aurora-(PICS!)

Jamie’s 2JZ M3

Build Thread

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?332499-Project-Hintern-Stecker!&highlight=jamie

Peter’s Supercharged Lexus IS-F

Gary’s HKS T51R 6 Speed Aerotop Supra

Jonny’s Supra

Very responsive setup and made some serious power for such a small turbo.

Edited by Lee P (see edit history)

Yeah no probs, that do you want to know?

Lee,

What's running the engine management? Is it RR-Racing's re-flashed IS-F ECU? If someone out there is tuning this generation of Lexus IS, I would be incredibly interested. Particularly if this is something you'd be able to supply.

This car is running the stock ecu reflashed which uses the Dim sport software.

We are however in the process or doing a stand alone kit for the IS-F, this will be a great addition I think and good if your running the engine and box in another car.

I will post some info once we get a bit close with it.

From what RR Racing have said the re-flash works perfectly fine for thier current supercharger setups

They are looking to do a 900hp kit which will benefit from a stand-alone

Also the 2017 cars (RC-F, LC) can’t be flashed

Lee,

What's running the engine management? Is it RR-Racing's re-flashed IS-F ECU? If someone out there is tuning this generation of Lexus IS, I would be incredibly interested. Particularly if this is something you'd be able to supply.

Hey Lee,

Some nice builds and projects for sure, just want to say a huge thanks to you and the guys for all the hard work and effort you put in on my IS-F last year, looking forward to taking things to the next level this year. :)

I also gather Rafi and Simon are in talks with Rotrex to see if the current supercharger is the biggest we can use, or if there is a larger unit. As we said, the current performance is pretty impressive when you consider its only using 0.5bar boost! ;)

Thanks for the response Lee. I really hope you'll be able to carry over some of that knowledge to the IS250/GS300 as well; that generation of IS and GS are like lego for swapping bits over and I think there is huge potential if an ECU option becomes available. If/When you finish the Syvecs kit for the IS-F, that set up in a Supra would be something else. Would I be right in thinking an S8 would be the bare minimum for D4-S engines?

Thanks for the response Lee. I really hope you'll be able to carry over some of that knowledge to the IS250/GS300 as well; that generation of IS and GS are like lego for swapping bits over and I think there is huge potential if an ECU option becomes available. If/When you finish the Syvecs kit for the IS-F, that set up in a Supra would be something else. Would I be right in thinking an S8 would be the bare minimum for D4-S engines?

Hi, pretty sure Syvecs aren't interested in developing a solution for the IS-F........ When I spoke to Lee about this last, Motec are the likely choice to develop something for us.

I'm sure Lee will confirm if that's true or not, just thought I'd mention it.

He said the same for me, I'd just assumed it would be a syvecs that was being used at some point. As long as it controls the gearbox and the d-4S effectively, who cares at the end of the day. Peter, any chance of a passenger ride if you turn up to any meets this year?

Agreed.

Sure, no issue with offering some passenger rides at some point this year. :)

Hoping to do a few shows, and I may drop in on the odd Bluewater meet if you guys don't mind?

Will also be doing Japshow and Japshow Finale I reckon.

He said the same for me, I'd just assumed it would be a syvecs that was being used at some point. As long as it controls the gearbox and the d-4S effectively, who cares at the end of the day. Peter, any chance of a passenger ride if you turn up to any meets this year?

The issue we have with Syvecs is the firmware has to be updated by them.

So if you need extra control strategies or anything extra you have to ask then wait for it.

This is why all the kit production is done by them in house.

With Motec a tuner can write their own code and statergies how ever they want.

This makes it more flexible and means that a kit can developed by a tuner.

We are still working on the 8 speed on the 2J, once that’s done then we will start looking into the IS-F kit

Thanks Lee. This might sound ridiculous... but would the knowledge for the AA80E from the IS-F carry over to the AA81E that fits to the GR series of engines? Having the 3GR/2GR V6 engines that bolt to an 8 speed from the factory would be a nice technology update for the MK4.

Thanks Lee. This might sound ridiculous... but would the knowledge for the AA80E from the IS-F carry over to the AA81E that fits to the GR series of engines? Having the 3GR/2GR V6 engines that bolt to an 8 speed from the factory would be a nice technology update for the MK4.

I think it will yes.