The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Life after the Supra...

drift_bear

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Not really bothered in keeping this up to date as nobody seems interested in threads like this anymore, but for people that are interested (and not on fb) I’ll give a quick update...

The car finally had its first ever uk mot done on Thursday and it passed first time without any issues :) so then it was onto the fun part and finish the paperwork off and get it sent away on Thursday as well. Now it’s just a waiting game for the V5 and a registration number.

The amount of looks and attention it gets is far more than the Supra ever got tbh, it was literally drawing attention in from every angle and even had people snapping pictures! Anyway, where’s some updated pics

On the way to the garage

After passing went for a little drive

All that’s left to do now is to refurbish the wheels and then get it ready for japfest in May :)

Nice although I preferred the oem wheels but please keep updating on here as I don’t get on with fb!

I take it no offers around the asking price then?

I have kept the oem wheels but they just don’t shut the car imho, one of the worst oem wheels I’ve seen on a car...but it is from the 80’s so kinda makes sense haha.

In regards of selling I have no intention now tbh, after I took it out for the first time on a blast round some rural roads next to my unit, I got the same feeling driving it as I did a Supra for the first time! So that says a lot imho

Glad you are happy they are fun very light and twitchy!

I keep thinking get something slower, light but quick but more usable on the road.

I have a tuned 50cc moped and when me and the boys go out it’s great fun (they all have super bikes and admit it’s as much fun!)

Glad you are happy they are fun very light and twitchy!

I keep thinking get something slower, light but quick but more usable on the road.

I have a tuned 50cc moped and when me and the boys go out it’s great fun (they all have super bikes and admit it’s as much fun!)

Yeah the are a great little car and very quirky! Like I said it gets a lot of attention wherever it goes so can’t wait to see it at shows now lol.

I was always dubious going from the Supra to that and the drop in power but you honestly have more fun in it on the corners

Odd that it is now considered a "little" car, but with the new performance version of the VW Up, the GTi, being 120kgs heavier than the larger bodied original Golf GTi it just shows how perceptions change and safety concerns and gizmos have made 98% of modern cars rather portly.... It looks lovely and I am sure it will be great fun and attract a lot of complementary attention.

Odd that it is now considered a "little" car, but with the new performance version of the VW Up, the GTi, being 120kgs heavier than the larger bodied original Golf GTi it just shows how perceptions change and safety concerns and gizmos have made 98% of modern cars rather portly.... It looks lovely and I am sure it will be great fun and attract a lot of complementary attention.

Yeah I’m not a fan of all the new gadgets and safety gear in new cars these days! I like the 86 as it’s a “back to basics” car and just like a go kart!

Looking good Alex. Great looking at the front imo.

Cheers Adam :) yeah i love the pop up headlights haha

There is no life after supra only existence :think:

Supra’s are great don’t get me wrong, but this is just so much more fun in certain aspects

I love the stock wheels, pretty perfect in my eyes. But if it was aftermarket Id definitely gone with a set of Wats :)

Love this car

The stock wheels are horrendous imho, they just date the car and look rubbish! I’ve kept them for the pure reason that they don’t come up for sale to often.

The SSR Longchamps are a classic wheel and suit the 86 perfect imho

• 1 month later...

So on Saturday I finally got everything in place and the number plates on, it is now fully road legal :cool: the first port of call was a familiar sight from Supra ownership

Now just hope for good weather on my time off work and enjoy it! Still need to get the wheels refurbished and change the drivers seat to a stock one, but apart from that I’m happy with it

So gave the car a much deserved wash the other day after sitting for so long in the workshop gathering dust

Then took it out and grab some proper pics of it all registered and etc

Last night I got the wheels off ready to be dropped off to get refurbished today

They should be ready for collection tomorrow afternoon :D since they are only 14’s they can be done 2 at a time and they are only going 1 colour so it’s nothing to time consuming

Will update once they are back and on :)

Look forward to seeing the update photos

Should have them by Friday :)

This is making me think back to my fun Mk1 Mr2 days........light nimble revvy (ok and rusty!)

These are so much fun on the twisty roads up here! No rust or rot on this car at all

Such a lovely example mate, hope to see it in the flesh one day!

Cheers dude, will try come along to at least 1 Big event this year!

Got my wheels back today and to say I’m happy is an understatement :D it totally transforms the car. Sadly the weather was pretty dull most the day so you can’t really see the colour all to well against the car :(

The colour is a dark gunmetal/anthracite colour

Weather finally cleared so went to try grab a pic but it never picked up on the colour :( will try again tomorrow though