The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whifbitz 7 speed box

Mr2kyle

Just trying to find out more about this setup as there isn't much on the old interwebs apart from what's on their web page and it looks rather dated info, so are there many people out there who opted for this option? If so what kind of power do you have? What's it like on a day to day basis? Dare I ask what kind of economy are you getting and over all was it worth the initial outlay?

Thanks folks :D

I opted for this, so far i have done around 7000 miles from motorway cruising, town driving, lots of stop start traffic and fuel economy is around 18 - 26 mph, this is slightly better than it but now i have around 700bhp, I decided to have the 3.26 final drive ratio and i am geared to around 190mph, the 2.9 drive ratio should be more economical though.

Daily use is just perfect and there is a gearbox setting (drive logic) to suit pretty much any mood you are in ranging from the relaxed D1 to the aggressive shifting D5, flick the gear level or use the paddles and go into manual/sequential mode and use S6...the only word i can use to describe it is "Mental".

Gear changes are super smooth, most of the time you only know it's changing gear because of a change in engine tone and the noise it makes with the throttle blipping and rev matching on down shifts, also shifting on full boost with no loss of boost and constant power delivery :)

Was it worth it, trying to not be biased honest, but yes definitely worth it. If you already have the Syvecs then it's not much more of a jump, if the gearbox ever decided it had had enough then these can be picked up for a few hundred quid.

I've gone for this gearbox also, but stripped my car back to a shell for a full ground up rebuild since last September so car is literally having the base map done as we speak with the plan to run the rebuilt engine in over winter and go for full mapping in spring. Having owned a DCT before I can't wait until mine is all done.

Which upgraded clutch pack do you have Scott?

Mr2Kyle, the 2 things to bear in mind is clutch pack and rear diff. As depending on what option you go for these can be costly!

I've gone for this gearbox also, but stripped my car back to a shell for a full ground up rebuild since last September so car is literally having the base map done as we speak with the plan to run the rebuilt engine in over winter and go for full mapping in spring. Having owned a DCT before I can't wait until mine is all done.

Which upgraded clutch pack do you have Scott?

Mr2Kyle, the 2 things to bear in mind is clutch pack and rear diff. As depending on what option you go for these can be costly!

I have the Dodson Motorsport Superstock clutches, i had an engine rebuild done as well and i couldn't wait until the run period was over, and it was definitely worth the wait.

I maybe looking into this in bext 12 months but its the modifications to the tunnel thats a bit off putting. What sybecs you guys got. Will it need to be the syvecs 6 or 6+ as ive got 6.

Or go the lexus box route but dont think its got as much fine tunning as the bmw at the moment.

I'm working on something at the moment which should hopefully bring the costs down on this conversion and less tunnel mods too. You need to use a Syvecs S6Plus, if you've got a GP that can be traded in for the Plus version.

I went for it as I already had my dash and engine out as car was totally stripped, so did the tunnel mod with a couple of Littlenum and Randle.

I think it only works with an S6+ but I think I read once that you can send away an S6 and get it converted to a S6+, tho I may be wrong.

I'm working on something at the moment which should hopefully bring the costs down on this conversion and less tunnel mods too. You need to use a Syvecs S6Plus, if you've got a GP that can be traded in for the Plus version.

When you do let us know paul will be interested :)

It isnt the plus so im guessing its the gp. Is there a way of telling or syvecs only do s6plus and the gp?

Edited by Hitbox Junkie (see edit history)

When you do let us know paul will be interested :)

It isnt the plus so im guessing its the gp. Is there a way of telling or syvecs only do s6plus and the gp?

You can tell by the look of it, GP http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/syvecs-2109.html?___SID=U & Plus http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/syvecs-s6plus-ecu.html?___SID=U

- - - Updated - - -

Only noticed today that this Technology existed haha. It's an incredible conversion Paul!

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies :D I would probably just use my stock to auto dif if I could? As for clutch pack that will also need looking into. ill need to look at what power the stick dif can deal with but I would imagine it would be alright with between 6-700bhp.... the kind of figures I'm looking for....thanks for the replies though folks!

Thanks for the replies :D I would probably just use my stock to auto dif if I could? As for clutch pack that will also need looking into. ill need to look at what power the stick dif can deal with but I would imagine it would be alright with between 6-700bhp.... the kind of figures I'm looking for....thanks for the replies though folks!

3.7 will be way to wild unless you're going rallying in it :) 3.2 is the cheapest option to go with, we do have a 2.9 ratio available but that comes in about £2500 as you have to change over to an OS Giken LSD as well.

You would need to run the Dodson Motorsport Superstock clutches for that power, about £1600 approx.

3.7 will be way to wild unless you're going rallying in it :) 3.2 is the cheapest option to go with, we do have a 2.9 ratio available but that comes in about £2500 as you have to change over to an OS Giken LSD as well.

Is £2500 the total drive in / drive out price? And how long would the turnaround be? This looks like my best option at present. Would probably be looking around March time next year I'd guess, tho maybe sooner.

You would need to run the Dodson Motorsport Superstock clutches for that power, about £1600 approx.

Dam, does that mean I could of got away with the Superstock clutch kit in mine afterall and saved myself almost enough for the diff?

Is £2500 the total drive in / drive out price? And how long would the turnaround be? This looks like my best option at present. Would probably be looking around March time next year I'd guess, tho maybe sooner.

Dam, does that mean I could of got away with the Superstock clutch kit in mine afterall and saved myself almost enough for the diff?

Best off asking me nearer the time on the diff price, exchange rate fluctuations and all that.

We've got the Superstock running in 2 Supra's, both of them haven't been on dynos yet, at a guess they must be running about 650bhp and they're holding out so far.