Thread: Cryto Currency

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Marty's Avatar
    Feedback
    21 (100%)
    This Bitcoin retracement is impressive

Posting is my life! Club Member Kendo11's Avatar
    Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Stupid question then, say you've got a fair amount of money invested & you've got a few thousand pounds worth in your digital wallet. How do you then go about getting it, is it a case of transferring it to a linked bank account, do you need to sell your digital currency on?

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

I can post! Club Member
    Feedback
    Way over my head. Have funds to invest but no idea about this stuff.
    Sheefa you feel like making some commission hehe

Posting is my life! Club Member Sheefa's Avatar
    Feedback
    29 (100%)
    Funny enough two people have asked me the same

Trouble is it's extremely high risk and does take time and a lot of researching. Maybe once I've built my portfolio to a decent holding stage I might help others mate.

Greg

UK Spec Manual - Big Single Turbo 800bhp

Carefully maintained by Lee P and the Team @ SRD
    http://www.supraracingdevelopments.co.uk

Work... what work? Club Member
    Feedback
    Christ alive, just today the price of BTC jumped 1,600 then proceeded to smash back down again. If anybody has the stomach to put serious money into this, then you're a braver man than me. I reckon just whack 20% of your investment portfolio in a spread of crypto and forget about it for 2 years.

Even with just a toe in the water it's a hell of a whirlwind to watch, can't imagine the balls on people that have housing deposits in this stuff.
    Last edited by Wonga Spar; 30-11-17 at 00:26.

Feedback
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonga Spar View Post
    Christ alive, just today the price of BTC jumped 1,600 then proceeded to smash back down again. If anybody has the stomach to put serious money into this, then you're a braver man than me. I reckon just whack 20% of your investment portfolio in a spread of crypto and forget about it for 2 years.

Even with just a toe in the water it's a hell of a whirlwind to watch, can't imagine the balls on people that have housing deposits in this stuff.
    That is the strategy mate. HODL 're hold on for dear life. Leave and forget really for 5 plus years minimum that's exactly what I'm doing. Wait until the billions of people switch on to this in the future.

I bought 0.39 BTC last night at low point of 7100 as it'll jump up again to well over 8k in a matter of days and then I'll bank my profit and invest it in other Alt coins.

Greg

Feedback
    29 (100%)
    The trouble is timing. I would love to get up at around 2am and watch the Asia marker plough in. Peak and trough on timeline last night is a 1k swing so good instant money to be had even playing conservatively.

Greg

Built not bought! Club Member
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    I use https://bittylicious.com/ . UK company and they have always been excellent and SAFE to buy bitcoins through. Their rates are marginally more than you can get on a direct exchange but hey, 20 is nothing compared to losing your cash totally.

I use Bittrex for an exchange. Similar thoughts to a few others, alt coins are the big gains unless you were in bitcoin early or have a lot of money to invest.

https://localbitcoins.com/country/GB is good for larger amounts but it is totally buyer beware as with anything crypto. It is very easy to turn your hard earned into fresh air if you pick the wrong exchange or 'seller'.
    Last edited by and1c; 30-11-17 at 08:25.

Feedback
    9 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Jellybean;4247802]Thanks , just used etoro ; a lot easier as you can upload images

Will look at eth and bitcoin rates over the next few days , need to wait a bit before I am verified

/QUOTE]

Etoro ... hmm I wouldnt put much in there.
    Google them for reviews...

DO YOUR RESEARCH HEAVILY OVER THE INTERNET GUYS PRIOR TO MAKING DEPOSITS IS MY ADVICE!!!

Feedback
    37 (100%)
    Reading through this thread it would appear most people are trading and not mining.
    Supra: 1996 Silver, Syvecs S6 ECU, 500bhp & 500ft/lbs, 95ron Unleaded
    Porsche: 2002 Black 996TT, Syvecs S8 ECU, 630bhp
    Lexus: 2001 LS430, Toyota 3UZ-FE V8
    Odds: Dyno Plot | Turbos Compared | 2BarTuning | Engine Part Weights
    Steve Manley 01865 291300
    | Garage Clearout |

Did somebody say carbon? Club Member Ric's Avatar
    Feedback
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wez View Post
    Reading through this thread it would appear most people are trading and not mining.
    Most people don't mine. It's not profitable at all IMO in england. Electricity is too expensive, difficulties are too high and GPU prices are crazy atm.

Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wez View Post
    I looked into mining about 2 years ago using a load of raspberry pi's, but quickly realised I'd already missed the boat lol
    94 UK Single, Paddle Shift, Black

Quote Originally Posted by Supragal View Post
    Bunra is more dangerous. I'm drawn to danger.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickTT View Post
    You did well to keep up, there are few things faster in this world than Burna on the way to a pub

Clueless Wonder Club Member marbleapple's Avatar
    Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post

If you use the app on your phone you can take a picture there, or upload from photo album.

If you do sign up, use this https://www.coinbase.com/join/592a9d4593138004032c7bd0 we both get 7-8 of BTC when you make your first purchase.

Coinbase IS GDAX so you once you've set up coinbase you can use GDAX and buy eth/btc/ltc with no fee's which is much better than paying coinbases extortionate fee.

For wallets i use Exodus on my mac which is brilliant, i also have a Ledger Nano S for cold storage.
    Signed up via your link. May give it a go

Edit: Just bought my first litecoin too. Not sure how you and I get our commission??
    Last edited by marbleapple; 30-11-17 at 22:20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Septic View Post
    Ever thought of joining our brotherhood? You get a free backpack with this red button.100% satisfaction guaranteed.

Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendo11 View Post
    Stupid question then, say you've got a fair amount of money invested & you've got a few thousand pounds worth in your digital wallet. How do you then go about getting it, is it a case of transferring it to a linked bank account, do you need to sell your digital currency on?
    You can sell bitcoin through places like www.bittylicious.com or the more industrial https://localbitcoins.com/country/GB which is where you can buy and sell large amounts. It's like an ebay for cryptocurrencies. Complete with feedback ratings, if they are a business or private etc.
    Easy to use provided you stick with a proper trader with thousands of feedbacks. (for selling or buying)

Did somebody say carbon? Club Member Ric's Avatar
    Feedback
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by marbleapple View Post
    Signed up via your link. May give it a go

Edit: Just bought my first litecoin too. Not sure how you and I get our commission??
    We get the commission with any coin but i think you have to spend over 100$ or 73 last time i read, it doesn't have to be the first purchase afaik

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast