The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cryto Currency

Jellybean

Coinbase as I said is not a wallet and is risky. You should never store coins on there for long periods, only immediate trading or nominal sums.

Agreed Cryptocurrency is a huge opportunity and there's still plenty of time to get into it and profit - as well as lose. Risk free capital should ONLY be used.

Agree around your comment on Altcoins and this is where there will be the most significant gains that will totally dwarf BTC.

I quite agree with you :) i wasn't implying to use coinbase as a wallet - just as the easiest medium to buy crypto :thumbs:

Hit $10k overnight after a few tries, now at £10.6k :blink: Expecting some sort of retraction soon. I hope so anyway or the altcoins are really gonna suffer as people FOMO :search: Can't wait for the altparty !:cool:

One thing that's for sure, bitcoin hitting the $10k milestone will be all over the news and more speculators will flow in to crypto looking to make a quick buck.

Edited by Marty (see edit history)

I quite agree with you :) i wasn't implying to use coinbase as a wallet - just as the easiest medium to buy crypto :thumbs:

Hit $10k overnight after a few tries, now at £10.6k :blink: Expecting some sort of retraction soon. I hope so anyway or the altcoins are really gonna suffer as people FOMO :search: Can't wait for the altparty !:cool:

One thing that's for sure, bitcoin hitting the $10k milestone will be all over the news and more speculators will flow in to crypto looking to make a quick buck.

Ah right yes Marty it is best way for quick purchases agreed.

Yep, it's a resilient BTC train alright. Thing is I can't see there being a huge retrace soon and even looking at the last two major dips it has bounced back in a matter of a week or two! I'm cold storing mine for a good 5+ years now for sure.

Fingers crossed we get some significant alt gains albeit they haven't disappointed so far.

Let's keeping talking [emoji16]

Just got up, $11.5k ,wtf :blink:

It's gotta be at the thrill/euphoria stage :D

Graham, there are a few mobile wallets available but the best cold wallet would be a ledger - this is what i'd personally use if i was you. Either that or just use a paper wallet.

Greg, you're right, we are a lot higher than i expected to get tbh but we know things don't go up forever in crypto ;) A slight retracement to $8k wouldn't surprise me one bit once the $10k FOMO dust settles. Though bitcoin futures starts next month so that could well keep the price high :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus, sticking in a wad last night certainly paid off...

Well in pal, don't be afraid to take some profits :thumbs:

Edited by Marty (see edit history)

For what Graham?

Those wallets listed are for all different alt coins and Bitcoin. I used various ones for the different coins. I.e. you can't transfer Bitcoin to an Ether wallet as you would lose your investment. You have to use the specific individual wallets listed above for the specific individual coins. They are NOT interchangeable.

I bought a Nano Ledger S a month back which cost about £100 and is a hardware crypto wallet and thoroughly recommend it. Great for storing your cryptos offline and especially for Bitcoin.

Exodus is by far the best wallet i've come across but it doesn't support everything. but certainly supports enough for most people. It's great to have everything in one place.

I also have a Ledger S for cold storage but the fact that you can only have 4 apps at one time is a bit poor.

Exodus is by far the best wallet i've come across but it doesn't support everything. but certainly supports enough for most people. It's great to have everything in one place

Looks interesting, I just use the coins official wallets, but they can be slow as they join the network and need to sync with the blockchain.

Exodus is by far the best wallet i've come across but it doesn't support everything. but certainly supports enough for most people. It's great to have everything in one place.

I also have a Ledger S for cold storage but the fact that you can only have 4 apps at one time is a bit poor.

Ric

Agreed, that is poor and only something I've just found out. Stupid really given it surely has more memory on it?!

Stupid question then, say you've got a fair amount of money invested & you've got a few thousand pounds worth in your digital wallet. How do you then go about getting it, is it a case of transferring it to a linked bank account, do you need to sell your digital currency on?

Christ alive, just today the price of BTC jumped £1,600 then proceeded to smash back down again. If anybody has the stomach to put serious money into this, then you're a braver man than me. I reckon just whack 20% of your investment portfolio in a spread of crypto and forget about it for 2 years.

Even with just a toe in the water it's a hell of a whirlwind to watch, can't imagine the balls on people that have housing deposits in this stuff.

Edited by Wonga Spar (see edit history)

Christ alive, just today the price of BTC jumped £1,600 then proceeded to smash back down again. If anybody has the stomach to put serious money into this, then you're a braver man than me. I reckon just whack 20% of your investment portfolio in a spread of crypto and forget about it for 2 years.

Even with just a toe in the water it's a hell of a whirlwind to watch, can't imagine the balls on people that have housing deposits in this stuff.

That is the strategy mate. HODL 're hold on for dear life. Leave and forget really for 5 plus years minimum that's exactly what I'm doing. Wait until the billions of people switch on to this in the future.

I bought 0.39 BTC last night at low point of £7100 as it'll jump up again to well over £8k in a matter of days and then I'll bank my profit and invest it in other Alt coins.

I use https://bittylicious.com/ . UK company and they have always been excellent and SAFE to buy bitcoins through. Their rates are marginally more than you can get on a direct exchange but hey, £20 is nothing compared to losing your cash totally.

I use Bittrex for an exchange. Similar thoughts to a few others, alt coins are the big gains unless you were in bitcoin early or have a lot of money to invest.

https://localbitcoins.com/country/GB is good for larger amounts but it is totally buyer beware as with anything crypto. It is very easy to turn your hard earned £££ into fresh air if you pick the wrong exchange or 'seller'.

Edited by and1c (see edit history)

Thanks , just used etoro ; a lot easier as you can upload images

Will look at eth and bitcoin rates over the next few days , need to wait a bit before I am verified

/QUOTE]

Etoro ... hmm I wouldnt put much in there.

Google them for reviews...

DO YOUR RESEARCH HEAVILY OVER THE INTERNET GUYS PRIOR TO MAKING DEPOSITS IS MY ADVICE!!!