The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cryto Currency

Jellybean

its confusing and scary to get into, i may look at it but whats the best place to start. is it something you've got to be watching every 2 minutes or can you leave it for 12 - 48 hours and see a profit? what are you watching to know what to buy and what will go up in value or down?

These wallets how many do you need? what site do you use to buy from? Is there a good advice /newbie guild with links of what you need etc?

You guys seem to make it look easy/safe to invest and make a profit :D how much do you need to invest, can you do it with £100? or are you looking at £10000?

Edited by Hitbox Junkie (see edit history)

I made a $500 side pot at the beginning of November and as of today it's worth $4,600. My main pot is now up to $17,000 and that's from 6 months of putting 200 quid a month in off every pay cheque. The biggest expense of your time will be reading. You won't make that much by putting small sums of money into bitcoin, I'd have a look at the Ethereum ERC20 token alt-coins. There are a lot of good projects. The ones I'm betting to go huge in 2018 are REQ, 0x (ZRX), Stellar (XLM) and potentially Chainlink (LINK). I'd be very careful with LINK though as I expect it to drop back down to the mid 20c range due to a disappointing (but entirely predictable) EOY announcement.

I fully anticipate REQ hitting a dollar by the end of Q1 2018, at which point I'll move A LOT more of that money into 0x and LINK. I'm also holding 6 ETH, as I think that's a lot lower risk and will see 4 figures in 2018.

In terms of general rules, whenever bitcoin is spiking heavily or dropping heavily, alt-coins will suffer. When the bitcoin price is stable, the alt-coins seem to get a boost. If I'm day trading, I will usually sell when coins have had big announcements, then buy again either when bitcoin has a +/- run. I've increased my stack with REQ and 0x quite heavily using this method, but it isn't fool proof and you might miss the day when one of them moons. I would stick to a general rule of never day trading more than 20% of your stack in any particular coin, simply as a way of mitigating losses if it doesn't go the way you want.

Too much to list knowledge wise and getting started. I've posted up a link on this thread a few times now to the Crypto course which tells you all you need to do. There's also an exclusive Facebook group for members which has been it's weight in gold given the recommendation on coins and forthcoming iCOs. I don't have the time to read realms of stuff unlike others so this for me is a goodsend.

Sounds interesting, friend of mine is using mining rigs as well as trading, he spent around £3000 on a rig and made that back in 3-4 months the rest is all profit that is also including its electricity bill for the rig itself. i might do the same save some money each month and drop it into a coin thats on the low or looking to go up once I've done some more reading and research into it all. im more interested in what Applications or programs/services you guys are using to deposit money into and take money out and to buy/sell on the markets as dont want to use something that is a scam being so new to it all. whats the best one with the lowest fees or no fees at all?

Some great information in this thread so far.

Too much to list knowledge wise and getting started. I've posted up a link on this thread a few times now to the Crypto course which tells you all you need to do. There's also an exclusive Facebook group for members which has been it's weight in gold given the recommendation on coins and forthcoming iCOs. I don't have the time to read realms of stuff unlike others so this for me is a goodsend.

/QUOTE]

have you got the facebook group link or name would be very interested in that.

Some very helpful info, although still new and confusing.

I’m assuming you guys have a foreign currency account in order to link into the sites/programmes or platforms you’re buying from.

Do you move your coins to your personal cold wallet immediately or trust the site you’re buying/selling on to do so, Coinbase for example?

Sheefa is that course ideal for novices?

Interesting thread.I have only just seen this. Have not managed to read everything in here yet as only had a quick peek while at work. I jave been reading up a lot about the subject the past 5-6 weeks.Put a few quid in Bitcoin,Ethereum and lightcoin. Also in Iota(longterm hold though). Bought a fair few Naga coins during pre ICO and ICO.Looks like an exciting project for anyone interested. Naga coins will be listed on exchange for the first time tomorrow at $1on HitBTC. I expect a bit of a rollercoaster with this one taking into account all the hype.HitBTC not the best exchange,but might be worthwhile getting a few Nagas on there when the price is low,Cheers

If you're using gdax you can make buys and sells with zero fee if you do them right (limit orders with POST only set)

Regarding getting money in and out it should be Euro yes. Revolut is a good service for that.

I don’t have gdax, it’s another new term to me. Seen it mentioned a few times.

I’ve registered an account today but can’t seem to link my Lloyd’s account onto there to transfer funds.

I don’t hold a Foriegn currency account, not sure which one is best. Revolut; what’s that?

Guys I'd advise going back to page 1 of this thread, getting a cuppa or a beer and just start reading.

If you're interested enough to start investing you own hard earned into cryptocurrency, then you've got half an hour to sit and get up to speed with this stage of the thread. Pretty much everything being asked has been explained already. The top contributors to this discussion will just get bored of repeating themselves and stop posting altogether which is what we don't want as they've got a lot of good information still to share. AntD has the right idea :thumbs:

:)

I'm only down 10% on the ETH ratio over all so it isn't as bad as it looks for me. To all the newcomers, this is not the time to sell. Wait for the prices to stabilise and buy with a view to holding.

Edit; scratch that, I'm up 7% on the ETH ratio. Looks as if there has been a bounce since 8.30.

This is a good day to remind everyone thinking they can get rich quick; cryptocurrency is an incredibly high risk use of your money. Don't ever put in more money than you can afford to lose.
Couldn't agree more. Well said.

This is a minefield and we're not here to guide you through it. Do your own research and homework. It took me 100's to get my head around things so don't jump in expecting to make money overnight or even in a month.