I'm a newbie MEMBERSHIP DUE
    Feedback

Red stitch dashboard

Hi, been scrolling through ebay and found this:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RED-STITCH...26.m2548.l4275
    anyone has some info about it?

Feedback
    14 (100%)
    The patterns were taken off markssupra's dash, and he fitted his cover himself.

Feedback
    22 (100%)
    AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

I've done my whole car in their stuff and all the other parts are a pretty good fit, but gone through 3 of their dash kits including letting someone that does retrims as a sideline have a go and conclusion is that the dash pattern is crap mate.
    Last edited by Big Mark; 14-11-17 at 12:10.
    Currently undergoing a major overhaul including: Engine rebuild by Littlenum, PHR Street Torque kit with PT 6266 turbo, Custom 3.5" exhaust, Whifbtiz DCT conversion, Syvecs S6+, Brembo Big Brake upgrade, Underbody treatment including powder coated subframes, modified rear arches for new wheels, Full respray in new colour. etc etc etc

I'm a newbie MEMBERSHIP DUE
    Feedback
    Thanks, do you know anyone who could do similar service? I would need my dashboard covered as it's not in the best condition.

Posting is my life! Club Member evinX's Avatar
    Feedback
    28 (100%)
    Looks like a crap fit from their own ebay add to

Feedback
    22 (100%)
    I had my steering wheel trimmed by a local guy http://www.edgeautomotive.co.uk/, it took months as so busy, so I've been talking to www.gibsonautomotiveupholstery.co.uk down south about getting my dash trimmed. But I'm also talking to JF-Customs as of this week as resent having brought 3 dash covers and still ending up with crap. Maybe they'll realise they need a new pattern as the rest of their stuff does fit well with a bit of care and attention when fitting.
    Currently undergoing a major overhaul including: Engine rebuild by Littlenum, PHR Street Torque kit with PT 6266 turbo, Custom 3.5" exhaust, Whifbtiz DCT conversion, Syvecs S6+, Brembo Big Brake upgrade, Underbody treatment including powder coated subframes, modified rear arches for new wheels, Full respray in new colour. etc etc etc

Feedback
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mark View Post
    I had my steering wheel trimmed by a local guy http://www.edgeautomotive.co.uk/, it took months as so busy, so I've been talking to www.gibsonautomotiveupholstery.co.uk down south about getting my dash trimmed. But I'm also talking to JF-Customs as of this week as resent having brought 3 dash covers and still ending up with crap. Maybe they'll realise they need a new pattern as the rest of their stuff does fit well with a bit of care and attention when fitting.
    That name rings a bell, gibson. There used to be a club trader on her years back Gibson and boyne. Wonder if its the same people? their work was top notch.

Feedback
    22 (100%)
    JF-Customs weren't interested at all that there was an issue with the dash and instead blocked me from buying any further items. All I can say to anyone looking at their parts is the dash cover is garbage and their not interested in resolving it.

I dropped the dash off at xmas to Vincent Gibson. Top bloke and he has 2 classic cars in his workshop that he was trimming. Reckons dash will be done by the end of Jan.

And yes, it's the same guy, one half of the former Gibson & Boyne.

Feedback
    14 (100%)
    You could also try Simon and Keith at hoods county customs, but they are based in Southend.

Their work is top notch

Feedback
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mark View Post
    JF-Customs weren't interested at all that there was an issue with the dash and instead blocked me from buying any further items. All I can say to anyone looking at their parts is the dash cover is garbage and their not interested in resolving it.

I dropped the dash off at xmas to Vincent Gibson. Top bloke and he has 2 classic cars in his workshop that he was trimming. Reckons dash will be done by the end of Jan.

And yes, it's the same guy, one half of the former Gibson & Boyne.
    Glad to hear he is still going. Your pretty much garunteed a mint job on that dash

UK 6sp 3.4 Single :) Club Member ShawnPreece's Avatar
    Feedback
    33 (100%)
    I had my piller pod retrimmed by Vincent Gibson nearly 2 years back and 100% recommend his work he really is an amazing quality...

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (157.2 KB, 51 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (162.0 KB, 51 views)
    8: MKIV 1993 Supra N/A Auto Aerotop - Named Buffy - Current Car Updates Here
    7: MKIV 1994 Supra Single Turbo Auto - Current Car / Ongoing Project Project Thread will be here
    6: MKIV 1994 Supra UK spec V160 Widearch 1000bhp build - Named Sally - Current Car / My Pride & Joy Project Thread here

1: MKIII 1990 Supra Turbo Manual - Sold 2: MKIV 1994 Supra TT6 - Written Off after Tyre Blew 3: MKIII 1992 Supra Turbo Manual - Sold 4: MKIV 1993 Supra N/A Auto - Sold 5: MKIV 1994 Supra VVT-I TT Manual (engine from 98 Supra) - Been broken