The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Soarer/supra manual conversion

Rsoarer

Parting out my soarer, gauging interest.

Up for sale is an 100% complete manual swap for the 1jzgte Soarer. For a supra you will need the clutch hardline from the clutch master cylinder to slave (that runs over te firewall), manual shifter trim and 2jzgte/ge manual ECU.

ALL NEW/REBUILD PARTS COVERED 1200KM! STILL IN CAR SO CAN BE TESTED!

Besides all little screws, rubbers and bolts this includes the following:

1. R154 remote shift gearbox with marlin crawler thrust washer and bearing retainer, full blueprinted rebuild with toyota parts.

2. Soarer/supra r154 manual propshaft rebalanced and painted

3. 1jzgte oem flywheel with arp bolts (bought new)

4. 1jzgte oem aisin clutch (bought new)

5. Clutch pedal, cylinders and lines all oem

6. Manual shifter trim + boots

7. Manual crossmember

8. 1jzgte jzz30 oem manual ecu

9. Torsen lsd

10. ...

Literally everything, plug and play turnkey stuff!

Price: €5000,-, will only sell to enthousiatics, will pay for transport if serious.

Any questions drop me a PM!

Thnx for your feedback.

Its expensive and those who actually did a 'proper' manual swap know how much must be invested to get it as complete as mine. Mk3 r154 go for 1850gbp on ebay, remote shift r154 go for around 3000GBP (from USA)... so add all the other OEM (very very hard to find) parts plus overnight shipping from Japan and import duties + vat and observe how that total will become "crazy"...

Besides that I think this price reflects the current market value and it keeps racers away from my stuf. Like I said it only will be sold to enthousiastics, no racers or drifters..

Anyway thanks again for your replies, since we now know it won't come cheap, further feedback on this price will be offtopic.

Back in the old days I would have replied with something like "you are just mad because you cannot afford it"... but I won't. Since when did the marketplace on mkivsupra.net became a place where price-'experts' could give unwanted and disrespectfull advice? No interest/money please keep out.

@mods please clean this thread up, thanks in advance

Back in the old days I would have replied with something like "you are just mad because you cannot afford it"... but I won't. Since when did the marketplace on mkivsupra.net became a place where price-'experts' could give unwanted and disrespectfull advice? No interest/money please keep out.

Well you still technically have mentioned that in your reply :rolleyes: Maybe in the Netherlands this is a great price :thumbs:

Good luck with the sale, hope it goes to an enthousiastics

Thanks m8. Please don't mind me targeting this sale to a specific group of buyers. Maybe my reasoning is too romantic, but I really believe in the guy who owns a supra or soarer and gets full satisfaction from it without burning lots and lots of fuel. I cannot tell others how they should live, but I can price my stuff to keep the majority of them away (and can afford it). So please lets get back on-topic again respecting each other and not bashing while not interested.

Why wont you sell to a drifter/racer? Surely a sale is a sale?

If you are serious about that price i would advise posting everywhere and sell it to anyone regardless of what their use will be, its a popular conversion and the remote shifter boxes dont come up often so people will pay money for it just like other sought after parts

I paid less than half of your price for my chaser kit last year but im not clued up on current prices so wont comment on your price

Hi there,

Thanks for the replies! This price is to be considered serious. Literally everything is there and OEM. For example the screws that fixes the pedal to the firewall (3x m8x25 if my memory serves my right), original and new toyota screws. Another example; the clutch hardline near the tunnel, almost everyone ty-raps the end of it to the fuel lines. Since the flange that holds it to the floor pan was welded during production to manual cars only, this part is not available in the EPC. To solve this I started calling Japanese breakers and asked if they had a manual breaker from which they can remove the flange (drilling spotwelds) and sent it to me (in JAPENGLISH). Just to point out how complete this conversion is, no expense spared...

@berg, the reason I won't sell to racers/drifters has to do with my personal view on the world. Racing/drifting is, in my opnion, a waste of resources and a unnecassery contribution to airpollution and global warming. To me it doesn't mind if this contribution is negligible to other sources of pollution, I disapprove all of them. Whenever I have the possibility to influence some of this activities I will do it. Actually I don't use my soarer and tried to sell it for the past 6 years. Since none of the interested buyers (a lot) could guarantee me that it won't be used for this kind of activities, I did'nt sold the car to them.

So sorry boys if this is far from what you've expected, this is just me. I like this type of cars for what they are, not for what they can.

Agree with Swampy. People pay stupid money for a 6 speed manual geatbox and thats just the gearbox!!!

Personally I wouldnt waste my money but some have money to burn. If you dont like the price then dont buy it or make the OP an offer rather than dis people on a public forum.

Most Supra owners would be better off spending the money on a full suspension rebuild nowadays;):p:D

GLWS

Didn't some other complete R154 conversions go for like 1500-2500£

You want double. Greed.

Now days the R154 transmission costs around 1500 GBP just the gearbox it's self! A JZA70 Supra gearbox would be a little more, and a later R154 with a remote shifter would be even more because you can install it in a mk4 Supra or Soarer. Prices have gone up on everything...why people think the R154 is junk and should cost 500 GBP like in 2005.. is above me!

@jonc: thanks m8, that is how it is supposed to be!

I don't want to low ball you... you include a direct swap R154 manual package and that's a nice one, and I don't know what they will offer you...

I can't say that 5000 euros that you ask is really expensive, but what you sell should never go lower than 4000 euros, which I think is a fair price both for seller or future buyer!

Good luck with the sale!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.