The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Three huge lovely old oaks down

Chris Wilson

The passing storm took down a huge old oak that took another two with it, all into the back garden of my neighbour, "Carbon Carl" the ex McLaren composites man, who now works from home. A LOT of work now to saw them up and move them, and reinstate his fence line. Luckily they missed his workshop and kennels. Such a shame they must be getting on for 100 years old. I put him a temporary fence up yesterday to stop his eight Pyrenean Mastiffs getting out and started with the chainsaw. Probably a weeks work yet to do, these are three BIG barstewards. I can feel the back ache starting just thinking about it....

Need a hand? in exchange for some logs. Could spare a morning on Saturday or next weekend I have more time

/QUOTE]

I mentioned it to Carl but he is anxious about the insurance implications if something untoward occurred, so we thank you for the kind offer but have to decline. One all chopped up, another about a third done 9the biggest0 and the last still lying their smirking at us! Cheers! If you need logs i will let you know once i have moved some of it to an accessible location, right now they are by his boundary fence on my side, but a long way away from easy access, need to make access for the tractor to get over there, but will be having a break and getting back to catching up with normal work for a bit after they are chopped up ;)