The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Electronic Shifter and Flappy Paddles on the TT Autobox

Burna

Yeah, I've never driven an auto supra in 'manu' mode.

So for instance, if you were in 'D' (3rd) in manual mode, and you were slowing down in traffic or to traffics light etc, would you manually have to downshift to 2nd and then 1st, or would the box downshift for you?

/QUOTE]It will stay in 3rd mate. I was playing with manu mode at Santa Pod and thought if I left it in D it would start off in 1st and go through the gears quicker..... But No it didn't do that! It started in 3rd. Wasn't the ideal start I was hoping for! [emoji23]

It will stay in 3rd mate. I was playing with manu mode at Santa Pod and thought if I left it in D it would start off in 1st and go through the gears quicker..... But No it didn't do that! It started in 3rd. Wasn't the ideal start I was hoping for! [emoji23]

/QUOTE]

Ah I see, so it won't stall like a manual then.

I've never tried it myself, so wasn't sure how it worked

As Alex says it will stay in the gear you select, wont change up, wont change down, and I feel that is the perfect and the way it should be, I want full control when I'm in 'S' and pushing the card hard, I want to decide the gear :) I feel this is an advantage of a non-tiptronic car, as I'm sure the ECU interferes more with the tiptronic mode, and doesn't allow you full control.

• 3 months later...
Genuine Interest Post

I'm currently going through the costs, as I will soon have to commit to getting the custom PCB's manufactured, and as you can imagine there's a considerable monetary out lay to bring this to market, and also depending on commitments of genuine interest I cannot give you an exact figure of right now, as I have to be cautious to cover my manufacturing costs as potential sales numbers are yet unknown. But to give you a rough idea, I've put some prices below:

Option A) Rotary Shifter Unit with Paddle Shift (As seen in Post#1)= £1500 - £1750

Option B) Rotary Shifter Unit with Paddle Shift, with brand new Rotary Shifter Unit = £2000 - £2250

Option C) Push Button Shifter with Paddle Shift = £1250 - £1500

All the above do not come with flappy paddles for the steering wheel or column, that is personal choice for the buyer to purchase whatever style they prefer, I will of course be able to advise and help with that. A few ideas for you are: LeeP at SRD does a very nice custom column flappy paddle install. Paul Whiffin at Whiffbitz has knowledge and experience of fitting the Works Bell flappy paddel kit http://www.worksbell.co.jp/en/products/boss/paddle_neo.htm. Or alternatively you could try a number of Toyota steering wheels that have flappy paddles fitted, or a Lexus one like I fitted, which was £50 :)

Fitting can be done by yourself, and I estimate 4 hours for someone competent with mechanics and soldering, but it would be quicker and easier with access to a ramp. If you do require a fitting service then I'm currently partnered up with James Hart at Performance@Hart https://performancehart.co.uk/, who helped with the fitting of mine, so knows what's involved, and I will assist with the install and setup. Other traders will be added in the future for install and setup around the country. Price = TBC.

Now to decide whether I go any further with this, I'm asking for anyone with a genuine interest in purchasing one please add you name to the list below, along with the letter of the shifter option you are interested in, ie: A, B, or C. Deposit details will be confirmed once the numbers of potential buyers are confirmed.

Potential Buyers List

1. Mk4Gaz - Option A

2. Inazone - Option A

3. Raddys - Option A

Are you still doing this? I know it has been awhile since someone posted.

Very much so! In fact yesterday I took a big step forward in finishing the final bit, the dash surround :)

After the surround is finished, I'll then be looking for 6 people to pay a £600 non refundable deposit, then manufacture will go ahead. If the deposits aren't raised, then it won't go ahead, and I'll have the honour of having the only one in the UK :) The rest will be marketed to the US.

If I did this I would definitely cut up the shifter surround, fibre glass and make it look like it should be there.

That's an option, but for me personally it would negate from being able to go back to stock within an hour or 2.

I'm very close to finalising the design for the shifter surround fill piece, which I will 3D print and it will be part of the whole drop in assembly :)

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...