The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Roof bars or tow bar?

Milo500

Hi,

This is by far the most random question I have ever asked, however...

I plan on going on a long road trip, but lack the space to carry luggage (as mk4's are so practical haha).

I have looked over the Internet but can't seem to find anything.

Is there and kits that actually fits to the odd roof line of a mkiv? If not anyone know of anyone that has fitted a tow bar?

Thanks,

Try not to abuse too much fr that he question haha.

There are OEM roof bars and rear window racks.

Extremely rare.

There are also several people with tow bars on their supra's.

Yea I presumed that tow bars are more common, do you know of any sites that sell the kits or are the custom made?

Had know idea about the oem roof bars, pretty cool...suprised no company hasn't re-manufactured the design.

Yea I presumed that tow bars are more common, do you know of any sites that sell the kits or are the custom made?

Had know idea about the oem roof bars, pretty cool...suprised no company hasn't re-manufactured the design.

They are rare as they were not used often, this type of car you don't really use it. Would be practical to have a roof bar instead of tow bar as you can have more fun with the right foot. I've never had a problem with space to be honest. just use the boot but obviously if I've got little one in the back and misses up front we cant have the roof off. normally have room in the back seats even with little on in to get a large suitcase or a couple small ones and bags on top of the roof in the boot. normally have blankets on there.

Cheers for the replys :)

Yea European, but will probably be a few weeks, so wanted to makeep sure I had enough room :)

The trailer idea is ok, but like you said you can't have as much legal "fun" haha...

Was since I saw Jon Olson many cars that had terrible luggage space (make supras look like a freight train) with a roof box and thought it looked quite cool and practical.

I've always been surprised just how much you can get in a mkiv with the back seat folded down

For clothes buy some of the vacuum storage bags, it's very surprising how much you can shrink

clothes etc down too.

Towing a trailer would destroy a road trip imo