The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My first Supra! (sort of)

Swampy442

After all my years on the forum, all the posts Ive never actually owned a Supra (apart from a brief flirt with an NA auto, but I won't call it ownership lol) Well now I do.

Spotted one on Jurgens Facesnake page and it was pretty much everything that I wanted, black, VVTI, auto, utterly and completely bone stock down to the exhaust, in fact the only mod is a JDM head unit, so I went halves with my brother and off we went to Newcastle. Jurgen and the boys changed some bits like a new rad and engine mounts, discs all round.

Nice extras like 17s, big brakes, aero lip, Super Sport mats, boot blind, LSD. No gash bov's, no induction kits, just a well looked after car as it left the factory.

No plans other than maybe a gearbox oil cooler, just to cosset and pamper it :)

imageimageimage

Edited by Swampy442 (see edit history)

Very nice . Just been speaking to your brother about his engine ..

You should buy it, its basically brand new. Get it....

- - - Updated - - -

Great investment if you plan on keeping it as stock as it is currently

Thats exactly my plans, just ongoing maintenance, nothing more :)

• 2 weeks later...

Giving the old girl a look over, sorting out a to do list. Always thought it was a little flat, but just assumed it was the stock-ness of it, turns out it was in TTC mode.

So set everything back to standard, expecting no second turbo, and there was! So thats one job off the list.

Documentation pointed out that the cam belt needed doing so I thought Id have a look at it, and found this

Bingo!! So now my job list consist of diff oil, and thats it :D

• 4 months later...

Not really updated this post, because theres been nothing really to update, driven it a bit, replaced a VSV on spec, the analogue clock still doesn't work and I cant find a replacement for love nor money lol.

But Ive had an oil leak for a while now and decided to investigate. Always thought it was engine oil, potentially turbo oil drain or sump, turns to it was the power steering reservoir hose that had cracked. I know a lot of hoses need replacing to to old age but luckily the hose off the scrapper Aristo is very similar. Quick trim and leak check, done.

Clean car - on your cam belt picture just behind the cam is the VVTI solenoid , behind the banjo bolt is a small screen oil filter - worth cleaning that as I dont think its on the service schedule ,10 min job ,and if you have nothing better to do you can pop out the solenoid and clean that too and check the o rings -can save a world of grief later on down the road

• 2 months later...
Clean car - on your cam belt picture just behind the cam is the VVTI solenoid , behind the banjo bolt is a small screen oil filter - worth cleaning that as I dont think its on the service schedule ,10 min job ,and if you have nothing better to do you can pop out the solenoid and clean that too and check the o rings -can save a world of grief later on down the road

Thats part of the big service Im doing this week :)

This car has the worst sound quality of any car Ive ever owned, suppose Im spoilt buy the fantastic Sony in the daily Mondeo. And heres the obvious reason

Replaced with some Focals I had lying around in SRD brackets. Even still I feel I need a sub :/

And after a polish, got papped at the first show this year :)