The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra tt auto aerotop

beno255

Hi guys,

Regrettably due to change of job and earning much less I may have to part with my aerotop.

Not sure what sort of money I would be looking at getting for it so some guidance would be helpful as I know how rare these are in good condition and straight and true.

It's rather stock due to wanting to keep it original really however has bpu and 394bhp (print out)

Original 2jz-gte

Stock twins

115k (mixture as is now in mph so less)

Lots of history

Hks mushroom filter

8k hid kit

Clifford G5 alarm with 2 remotes (cat 1)

Recently reconditioned front lights

Plasma dial clocks

De limited/converted kph to mph

Japan racing 19" imitation split rims (fair condition / weathering and some curbing)

Original colour is silver, has been wrapped in 3m high gloss black. ( can remove if preferred)

Front seats have been changed from leather to cloth

Restrictor ring

Decat/ full exhaust

Aero top catches present and in good condition in boot

Original rear pods

Would like to get 15k for it as an investment and appreciating asset. If I didn't need the money now I would keep and store it.

Pics will be going up but files on phone are too big to upload

Well kept examples have gone for £14-15k recently, of course pictures will help

Be careful if you remove the wrap, I had to get a full respray after removing mine as I found cuts/scores in the paint and removed the lacquer/paint in places!

(put your price up so it increases the value of other aeros) :D

Wraps are a fantastic addition to new cars that are going to see a bit of rough and tumble in their early years with higher than normal mileage. On older cars though the preconception is more its a cheaper alternative to a respray on flat or damaged paint. You can't hide imperfections with a wrap, like dings and rust, so if you have immediately pre-wrap paint condition pictures showing it to be fantastic then you could get away with leaving it wrapped. Without those to hand people being naturally suspicious will suspect the paintwork to be in poor condition.

I believe I only have a few pictures of the paint beforehand. Probably should of taken some before in more detail. I get where the concern comes from though. In all fairness the only blemish is on the boot lid as you can see previous holes where a wing was fitted, other than that no blemishes. And as you said anything bad would show through. However I get that some people would choose a wrap rather than a respray if it was needed. Paint is good but will try to upload pictures tomorrow every time I try from my phone they are too large so if I can't get around it I'll post a link with new pictures on photobucket and copy in the link

• 5 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.