The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MKIV 25th Birthday Filming Meet

Airwolf

Hi folks

This event was originally planned on facebook, so if you want to see more info add me as a friend on facebook and I can send an invite. Name is - Costas Trataris

3rd Sept Sunday, 12:30 McDonald's Newbridge Edinburgh

Newbridge Industrial Estate, EH28 8LQ Edinburgh, United Kingdom

This is a Supra ONLY meet to celebrate the Supra MKIV upcoming 25th Birthday. This will be a fully filmed event on the road and in the air with technologies latest 4k cameras. The meet is to start off at newbridge (McDonalds/Premier Inn Car park) where our route will be re-confirmed and filming sequences organised.

After Newbridge we will head across the new forth road bridge named - queensferry crossing this will give us some spectacular shots from the air. After that we head down the A985 till we reach the Devilla Forest Trail car park which includes a BBQ area for some munchies and admire our fellow supras, We then head off across the kincardine bridge for some more arial shots then onto the M9 Past Stirling, leading to the A84 scenic route to get some amazing mountain and loch shots of the Glencoe Area. If anyone has any suggestions for the route or some views we must involve the supras in then do let us know.

Filming will be by Wolf Star Pictures the company that brought you Driftland The Grand Opening video

and ONE3MEDIA the company that brought you "Up in Smoke"

will also be joining us.

Any other photography or filming companies wishing to attend please contact get in contact.

Edited by Airwolf
additional info (see edit history)

Just use your statutory rights and get full refunds after the event Drift bear :D

What he said. Insure it the day before and use the 14 day cancellation period

/QUOTE]

And you tax the car direct debit per month and then SORN the car after the show or end of month and only pay 1 month car tax.

Or how about no lol, It's not seeing the road this year at all sadly

Hi folks

This event was originally planned on facebook, so if you want to see more info add me as a friend on facebook and I can send an invite. Name is - Costas Trataris

3rd Sept Sunday, 12:30 McDonald's Newbridge Edinburgh

Newbridge Industrial Estate, EH28 8LQ Edinburgh, United Kingdom

This is a Supra ONLY meet to celebrate the Supra MKIV upcoming 25th Birthday. This will be a fully filmed event on the road and in the air with technologies latest 4k cameras. The meet is to start off at newbridge (McDonalds/Premier Inn Car park) where our route will be re-confirmed and filming sequences organised.

After Newbridge we will head across the new forth road bridge named - queensferry crossing this will give us some spectacular shots from the air. After that we head down the A985 till we reach the Devilla Forest Trail car park which includes a BBQ area for some munchies and admire our fellow supras, We then head off across the kincardine bridge for some more arial shots then onto the M9 Past Stirling, leading to the A84 scenic route to get some amazing mountain and loch shots of the Glencoe Area. If anyone has any suggestions for the route or some views we must involve the supras in then do let us know.

Filming will be by Wolf Star Pictures the company that brought you Driftland The Grand Opening video

and ONE3MEDIA the company that brought you "Up in Smoke"

will also be joining us.

Any other photography or filming companies wishing to attend please contact get in contact.

How are they filming it from the air at the bridge ? I'm surprised you have been given permission by Edinburgh airport to fly so close to the airport.

I hope your not using a drone and not bothering to tell anyone about it. I'm sure it'll be fun for everyone when they shut down the airport due to an unauthorised intrusion into their airspace like some plank did near Gatwick. But I'm sure you're not silly enough to do this :)

I await your answer.

How are they filming it from the air at the bridge ? I'm surprised you have been given permission by Edinburgh airport to fly so close to the airport.

I hope your not using a drone and not bothering to tell anyone about it. I'm sure it'll be fun for everyone when they shut down the airport due to an unauthorised intrusion into their airspace like some plank did near Gatwick. But I'm sure you're not silly enough to do this :)

I await your answer.

That "plank" from Gatwick didn't exist, and the media have been scaring the public about drones for months and months.

And most drones can't fly anywhere near airports due to restrictions in the software.

And he has stated the two companies that will be filming.

That "plank" from Gatwick didn't exist, and the media have been scaring the public about drones for months and months.

And most drones can't fly anywhere near airports due to restrictions in the software.

And he has stated the two companies that will be filming.

If what you say is true then they can't be using a drone, only other option is a plane or a helicopter. Who's funding that ?

The only area that I see being a problem is the queensferry crossing which is located close to Edinburgh Airport which is in the main flight path.

Just checked on google maps.

Queensferry crossing is perfectly fine to fly a drone, airport is a fair old distance away and it is not in the flight path.

Will check with the CAA later

Just checked on google maps.

Queensferry crossing is perfectly fine to fly a drone, airport is a fair old distance away and it is not in the flight path.

Will check with the CAA later

I checked the flight paths online and most go over the bridge area unless i'm looking at it wrong ? I might have looked at the new proposed flight paths as I know there is a consultation going on about changing flight paths. I was just wondering really if anyone had even considered the proximity of the airport and in aviation terms what is classed as close ?

I know there are a lot of traffic cameras along the bridge plus cameras watching the bridge structure and thought if one one these picked up a drone flying near the bridge it might raise cause for suspicion and a potential incident. I think it's best just to ask to make sure that this won't cause any problems especially with all the crap going off these days most people are on edge and always suspect the worst !!

Looking at both companies, who are registered in the film industry, I am sure they would know to get the required licences and permissions to not only film but to fly a drone.

Looking at the flight paths, the planes will be up to 4000ft by then.

And a quick google on drones and flying over queensferry crossing brings up many pictures and websites.

The bridge is in a class D flight zone and not anywhere near the main flight path.

Normal people would explain that they have considered the implications and that it is not going to be a problem, you know like Al did in the previous posts. Throwing your toys out of the pram just makes you look a bit silly, please refrain from swearing especially at the people who look after this place. Consider this a polite warning :)