The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero top progress the re up.

The Raven

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So car is with painter. Who has now finished the repair to the bumper and skirt.

The car is now sitting higher than before on coils so no more mishaps.

A funny side note is the painter decided to re flat the whole car....I didnt ask him to, and never saw an issue with the paint work......still he hes done it free of charge so i will let him get on with it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Small updates over the last few weeks.

Fitted the car play, and yes was super worried about cutting the dash but it all worked out ok.

989015754_supradash.jpg.601ac923bd57a60effe2d65f5ed043b6.jpg

Sprayed the scuttle panel with plasti dip

785425561_nastyscuttle.jpg.4f3254e940ac220451667f32068035ba.jpg

2121240987_nicescuttle.jpg.0c4f3d3f0926d795e8bc3b99069051a5.jpg

Refitted i with all new clips and screws

fittted.jpg.4e44534109a8b90723bf8028b4a55e6e.jpg

Tackled the boot, seems brake fluid had leaked from the bottle i has left. Swift clean and treat and its all good

boot.jpg.01ba6a14f6626dc03b8599c83e1dc23b.jpg

Figured may as well sound proof boot

1336040788_Soundproof.jpg.a619c017f8e569c11345757514372ebb.jpg

Refitted boot build

install.jpg.fe16efbdb2ecdde5826a522b576c0790.jpg

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Car is currently away having a 3 year ceramic coat put on.

The wheels are also being powder coated . I will probably change the front and rear aero rubbers as they leak on the drivers side front.

My center parking lock on the roof is rounding out. I plan to mod it so it has a permanent handle so i can just drop it on and turn it without buggering around with the tool.

Annoying headlights steam up.

Can I send you a fan unit to try and stop them doing that? Circulates air. Very small. Might help?

I'd like it back though lol..

Never been able to figure out what causes fogging.

The laws of Science, if its a hot day...inside the units will be warm. Blast it with cold water and see what happens.

In winter and driving along...the units will be warm from the engine...it rains...cold water hits the lens. Boom condenstation. I think supras get this alot due to the headligjts being quite big units

The laws of Science, if its a hot day...inside the units will be warm. Blast it with cold water and see what happens.

In winter and driving along...the units will be warm from the engine...it rains...cold water hits the lens. Boom condenstation. I think supras get this alot due to the headligjts being quite big units

The laws of science should maybe define why some fog and some dont. I've sealed some and they fog. While others dont.

I'm aware of how humidifcation and condensation work. It still doesn't resolve how no one knows how to truly stop lights fogging up.

Many cars have totally sealed lights with zero issues. I cant agree a large headlight fogs up. The size doesn't determine the ability to let in or no flow enough air.

It either isnt sealed enough. Or it needs to flow more air. Having open outlets means you can seal it perfectly but the air changes and then it has moisture in again.

To conclude. No one can prove to me how to stop it. And it bugs the hell out of me because so many of us all suffer :(

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...