The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1998 Turbo RZ-S 6 Speed Manual

Sandy-m2

Toyota Supra

• RZ-S

• Facelift

• Non-VVTI

• 70134 Miles (will go up)

• Regular service intervals, just had its 60K service and timing belt by JM-Imports (@67100m)

• Front and Rear Strut brace

• OEM Skirts

• OEM Spats

• Likwidart Horned Badge

• Polished Engine Parts

• Original Exhaust

• 19” wheels but will come with stock 17” also.

• Front Decat pipe Fitted

• Rear Decat pipe with the car

• Toad Ai606 with windows closure and mirror flip

• Gibson Trimming one of a kind Re-shaped, re-covered original facelift seats

• Momo Steering Wheel

• Momo hand Break

• Chrome Dash Rings

• Chrome Heater Knobs

• Chrome Gear surround ring

• Chrome Rear Seat release.

• Boost Gauge – the car as never made more than standard boost due to the original exhaust.

• Brown Bread Sound Deadening

• Pioneer Headunit, Bluetooth phone, Ipod cable connection, SatNav.

• Pioneer Front speakers with black painted speaker mounts

• Pioneer mini sub in spare wheel enclosure

• Car was featured on Top Gear by Tiff Needell - this was the supercarsfor £40K show.

• Does not come with Private Plate (S909HGP)

***Edit: I’ve been told it is likely that this is a 1997 car which has been given a 1998 plate on import. It is a V160 with a A03B small case facelift diff****

​£18,000

Picture Album - https://flic.kr/s/aHskZyFtD8

Facebook post - https://www.facebook.com/groups/supraforumseurope/permalink/2393175684230575/?sale_post_id=2393175684230575

I thought the cut off for non vvti was 96/97?

96 was when the facelift was introduced. The VVTI shortly after (sept 1997 according to the NZ specs site) so it'd be safe to assume the being a 1998 car it has had an engine swap at some point. Logic would suggest an original GE converted to a GTE though you would normally expect any seller to mention this as that does have an impact upon the cars originality. It'd be interesting to know why no VVTi to avoid any speculation.

Thanks for the comments guys. It’s never had an engine swap. It’s a late 1997 car that sat in a forecourt in japan for a while before selling. There were a few cars that had facelift looks but no vvti engine as rider says above.

Also if it's regular silver (which it looks like) it's a pre vvti, I think once vvti then the cars are quicksilver or Gunmetal, regular silver was dropped then I believe.

So I'd suspect nothing fishy, no engine swap etc just as the owner says a late registration and/or DVLA blip etc. Looks lovely!!

Also if it's regular silver (which it looks like) it's a pre vvti, I think once vvti then the cars are quicksilver or Gunmetal, regular silver was dropped then I believe.

So I'd suspect nothing fishy, no engine swap etc just as the owner says a late registration and/or DVLA blip etc. Looks lovely!!

The colour could well explain why it hung around in a showroom for months as human nature being what it is, not many would elect to take the old discontinued silver on a new car over the new silver option.

Thanks for the comments guys. It’s never had an engine swap. It’s a late 1997 car that sat in a forecourt in japan for a while before selling. There were a few cars that had facelift looks but no vvti engine as rider says above.

Late 97 would make it a vvti too.

It's either a 96 or early 97 car, that it may or may not have sold first in 1998 does not make it a 1998 car. Have you checked the vin details?

I'm sure the VIN will verify that it's a pre vvti chassis number hell the paint code will confirm it! but the guy has had the car over 10 years by the look of it and (for whatever reason) it has an S plate on it when he got it and hence the statement in the ad. So not accurate but the seller is not aware or being deceitful etc.

No one is blaming you :) unfortunately the import paperwork on many Japanese imports has been done badly, and a lot are registered to the wrong year.

We were just pointing out that it impossible to be a 98 jspec tt6 and for it not to have vvti :) but the year of manufacture is stamped clearly on the vin plate if you have a look :) it will more than likely be a 96 car.

Mine is a 95 pre facelift but is registered and was plated as a 2001, 51 plate, spoke to DVLA before i bought as i was worried, and they confirmed a number of cars that were imported and registered directly onto a private plate were registered as the import year and not the manufacturer year, and that its nothing to worry about, their exact words

It's a V160 with an A03B diff and the E-JZA80-ALFVZ vin code says it was available from May '95 August '98. It also says the car is a 6NO colour but it looks Silver in the photos and in the links :blink:

PS

Take your VIN plate photo down ;)

It does look silver in the pics, the 6NO darker grey is much nicer in my eyes anyway. If it was closer I could be tempted as that'd pass my any car but silver wishes. Any pictures of underneath and engine bay, that could make the distance seem smaller? Particularly if it has the stock air box.

It does look silver in the pics, the 6NO darker grey is much nicer in my eyes anyway. If it was closer I could be tempted as that'd pass my any car but silver wishes. Any pictures of underneath and engine bay, that could make the distance seem smaller? Particularly if it has the stock air box.

underside and engine bay as requested

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.