The mkiv Supra Owners Club

lowering springs 2017

moonstone

I'm staying on a budget, so sticking with stock shocks for now until I order some KW V3. However I hate the "nose up" look of the stock suspension.

Whifbitz has some Eibachs in stock now. I would like to compare the Tanabe GF210, Eibach pro and Tein S-tech.

What are you running and how do you like them? Are you using stock shocks or aftermarket?

Pics would be welcome (most pics on SF are down do the Photobuckets BS).

Thabks for the feedback guys.

Dunk do you have a picture how low your car is on oem shocks with the eibachs?

I do but my car had a TRD widebody kit so it might misslead you as to how a stock bodied car might look

Bignum ad Dunk, thank you guys for the pics. Both cars look awesome!

I've read the eibachs tend to settle down more over time. Have you experienced this?

Can't say i noticed any settling going on, not once the car had been driven in a spirited fashion for a few miles ;)

No decent spring should "settle", if it does, it's junk. What usually happens is people loosen wishbone bolts then tighten them up again without the car's weight on the springs, so the bushes are under tension. They usually tear out of their sleeves and the car appears to settle lower over time, sometimes unevenly as one bush fails before another.

Looks like the Eibachs are pretty popular. Anyone using Tein or Tanabe springs?

All of them are around the same price as well.

Tein springs with standard UK shocks rides lovely nice ride height also if that helps. But if there is no price issue prob go with eibach.Check my garage under nigelboyne

No decent spring should "settle", if it does, it's junk. What usually happens is people loosen wishbone bolts then tighten them up again without the car's weight on the springs, so the bushes are under tension. They usually tear out of their sleeves and the car appears to settle lower over time, sometimes unevenly as one bush fails before another.

:lol: sounds like something fitted by quick fit :D