The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not a classic anymore !

shaz2010

Just got my renewal through the post and it's gone up by £200! So I called them and they explained that the classic insurance has changed to "over 30 years old is deemed a classic"! So I said to her ok if that's the case can I add my 10+ years no claims and she said "no as it's not a modern day car" eh then what is it?? I Don't get it I said, she said if you shop around and find a lower quote we might be able to match it... WTF

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like your insurance company want shot of you mate, bizzarre but becoming increasingly frequent.

I know a don't know why because I've done absoultly nothing wrong, declared all mods never claimed kept to mileage allowance. Can some one check this out to confirm he 30 years classic crack. Currently looking now myself.

Have you tried Livingstone Warmans (Higos) or Lynbrooke?

Sadly you don't need to have made a claim for the company to reasses your eligibility or their appetite for your business, factors such as your area, claims in said area/crime, the company's own targeted market and whether you now fall out with that model, etc etc.

Have you tried Livingstone Warmans (Higos) or Lynbrooke?

Sadly you don't need to have made a claim for the company to reasses your eligibility or their appetite for your business, factors such as your area, claims in said area/crime, the company's own targeted market and whether you now fall out with that model, etc etc.

Gonna try them on Monday, have a shop about.

Footman James quoted me £1200 for my TT auto and sky wanted £760!!! I'm 55 with 13 ncb and 5000mls a year, can anyone recommend a company that can give me a sensible quote.

No idea how good or bad they are as i've never had to claim but Admiral and AF do agreed value policies

Go to Lynbrook, well cheap and decent to deal with.

Footman James were AON at one point and they moved my Supra back from 10 years to 15 years as a classic and put the price up. I subsequently went elsewhere and saved on my original price anyway, nevermind the renewal.

H.

Sky upped mine by £200 the other week like you i am 55 with the same ncb, funny i got a quote from footman James £200 cheaper, so i contacted Sky showed them the Quote from FJ and Sky then matched it with an agreed value. They never mentioned anything about it not being a classic. So what's going on ???.

Sky upped mine by £200 the other week like you i am 55 with the same ncb, funny i got a quote from footman James £200 cheaper, so i contacted Sky showed them the Quote from FJ and Sky then matched it with an agreed value. They never mentioned anything about it not being a classic. So what's going on ???.

That's good Kevin I think I'm gonna have to do the same try someone else and then go back to FJ thing is they have pissed me off now ! Mine went up £200 as well, don't know why they are bring the classic age thing up, but someone else was on about FJ saying the car needs to be garaged now to be a classic! Something is up. Diffrent excuses .

Footman James quoted me £1200 for my TT auto and sky wanted £760!!! I'm 55 with 13 ncb and 5000mls a year, can anyone recommend a company that can give me a sensible quote.

I have a TT auto, same age , 5000 miles,agreed value and never made a claim , £193 liverpool victoria classic car insurance.and that was last week .

I have a TT auto, same age , 5000 miles,agreed value and never made a claim , £193 liverpool victoria classic car insurance.and that was last week .

I shall give them a call next year as they don't list that the vehicle has to be garaged

To take out an LV= classic car policy:

your classic car must be over 20 years old

your classic car must be valued up to £40,000

there shouldn't be any renovations being carried out during the life of your policy

the annual mileage mustn't exceed 5,000 miles

all drivers named on the policy need to be over 30

your classic car can't be your main car

You can use your classic car for social, domestic and pleasure purposes, as well as commuting

I shall give them a call next year as they don't list that the vehicle has to be garaged

there shouldn't be any renovations being carried out during the life of your policy

You can use your classic car for social, domestic and pleasure purposes, as well as commuting

And they like pics , did not know about commuting and mine is garaged and i'm an old fart, hence cheap insurance :)

Will try the few said, surly they can't just change the classic age Harvard!

They can do whatever they want. It's their terms of cover and they can amend without notice I would imagine. Would have to read their T&C's but I bet they have it covered as most companies would.

I looked at Lynbrook, Carole Nash, Greenlight etc. Car was on 5K miles with Lynbrook, not garaged, modifications to wheels, exhaust only though. If you are heavily modified then you may have a problem.

H.

What?! I pay £360 with footman james on my NA 5 speed with an agreed value of 8k.

Im 25 with 3 points and 0 years no claims!

Scrap that dunk it needs to be garaged when not in use. Also not allowed to commute either.