The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Spec 6 Speed Single Turbo

np89

Hi guys, have decided that the time might be right to move in a different direction with other life commitments coming up. This car is a complete animal and I have recently been giving serious consideration to selling more than once so here we are.

1993 Car

Body

Stock UK Body 202 Black

Plastic OEM Side skirts

OEM Style GRP Spats

OEM 17” UK Spec Wheels, Flawless

UK Glass Headlights

Facelift front indicators

Rear tinted glass

Chassis

UK Spec V160 & UK differential (new mounts & Bushes)

RPS Triple Plate Carbon Clutch

Meister R Coilovers

Fully Poly Bushed Suspension arms, refinished in Silver Epoxy

Fully Polybushed Subframe

New OEM Diff Mounts

Fully Undersealed in Black Schutz

UK Spec Brakes

Engine & Supporting Mods

HKS Green Powder Coated Cam Covers

Momentum Carbon fibre spark Plug Cover

Honda Civic Coil packs

ARP Head Studs

BC 264 Cams

BC Dual Valve Springs & Retainers

Fully Rebuilt Head inc. new OEM Toyota Valve Guides

New OEM Toyota Core Plugs

CP Forged 86.5mm Pistons

Forged Eagle Rods

ARP2000 Rod Bolts

King Racing Bearings

HKS 1.8mm Head Gasket

New OEM Toyota Oil Pump

All new Genuine Toyota Seals and Gaskets

Gates Belts

OEM new Tensioner & Bearing

OEM new Crank Pulley

OEM new Idler Pulley

Turbo & Fuelling

ID1000 Top Feed Injectors

Sytec FPR

-8AN Twin Feed Braided Fuel Lines from the Tank

-8AN Single Return Line

2 x Bosch 044 450LPH External Fuel Pumps

1 x Walbro 450 In tank Lift Pump

1.5l Swirl Pot

Goodridge Fittings throughout

Precision 6466 Gen2 Dbb .84 Vband Turbo

6Boost Manifold

Turbosmart 60mm Wastegate

-4AN Braided Oil Feed Line

-12AN Braided Oil Drain Line

Screamer Pipe VTA

Exhaust & Intake

HKS SuperDrager Catback

Custom 3 ½ Inch Stainless Steel Downpipe & Centre Sections

5” RamAir Intake filter

Custom Stainless/Alloy Intercooler Piping

-12AN Braided Cam Breathers

Whifbitz Aluminium Radiator

Whifbitz 4 Row FMIC

AEM Aquamist Water/Methanol Injection

GM Intake air temp sensors

Electronics & Management

Link G4+ Xtreme Standalone ECU

Mapped by Richard Bradley @ Bradley Motorworks

Greddy FATT

Interior

UK Spec Clocks, customised and LED backlit

All switches, controls etc are LED backlit

Interior dash Panels refinished in OEM look finish

UK Cream Leather interior & Carpet

UK 4 Bar Steering Wheel

Optional Black fabric headlining

Alpine Headunit with full Ipod connection

Alpine Type R 10” Sub, custom mounted

Alpine M450 Amp

Rockford Fosgate Component Speakers

Heated Seats

Control Unit for Aquamist mounted in Armrest

Custom Mounted Switches for Anti-Lag & Launch Control in Armrest

Effectively this car has been built to the same specification as the Lucas Oil/ SATs Cosworth drift supra, obviously as a road car.

The Car makes 745BHP @2.2 Bar on 97RON Fuel

The Car will do 900BHP @ 2.2 Bar on Race Fuel

Anti-Lag will run the full range of Boost

Launch Control @1.4 bar

Link ECU directly controls the Fuel and the Boost

The turbo spools faster than stock twins and will make a bar of boost revving in neutral.

The Body Shell has 131k miles on it but as stated, all suspension components, bushes, engine components etc are new and therefore the car handles like it is on rails and drives like new.

The car was unfortunately categorised as a C in 2000. The number of times the car has been stripped and put back together I have never been able to find any evidence of damage, structurally speaking, but I do note that the car when I got it did not have its UK Spec Bumper or Bonnet so I can only surmise these were the damaged panels.

Plugs- BCR8ES (copper core for engine protection)

Oil – Lucas 20W50 High Zinc Race Oil

Price : £25,000 ono

For the Spec of car that this is and some of the names and skills involved in its build my cost spreadsheet is well in excess of this so I feel that this is a fair price given you could not build a similar spec one for anywhere near it.imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice car. I like how it's so OEM in terms of looks.

Can't believe you've got all that power on stock wheels, how is it like putting the power down?

Is it just me or is there no gear stick :D

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. Really encouraging to see the time building the car has turned out as a car that is appreciated.

Yes Jason you are right, photo taken when I had just reinstalled the interior after it was intensively cleaned and the gearstick had not made it back in yet lol

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. Really encouraging to see the time building the car has turned out as a car that is appreciated.

Yes Jason you are right, photo taken when I had just reinstalled the interior after it was intensively cleaned and the gearstick had not made it back in yet lol

/QUOTE]

Very nice! :)

It actually makes an appearance in the last photo! Lol. ;)

You can see it next to the handbrake quite clearly.

Lovely car though. Hope it goes to a loving new home. :thumbs:

Few enquiries but nothing serious from the UK, few Europeans interested but would be a shame for another UK spec to be exported!

/QUOTE]

It would indeed !! Glws though as it looks incredible and bet it's an animal to drive !!

When you consider the mollycoddled Top Secret car was sold recently for £25k there isn't much shifting Surpra wise over that price, other than shipped on crates and in small boxes. The Cat C really won't be helping either. That usually knocks, depending on who you read, 20% to 50% of the price relative to the level of damage sustained and how much history is with the car - pre repair pics and post repair pics. Seems this car doesn't have that key history to hand. So the Cat C is a very real dampener on the party. Hate to say it, but its going to be worth more crated and boxed.

Yep the v car market knocks off around a third and counts out collectors but if some body wanted a well specd and built car it's worth it but as rider stated again probably end up as parts as people seem to prefer to build their own.

I bet if it was not modified it would have sold ages ago.

Certainly some very diverse views there. I wouldnt break this car up as the effort gone into building it is too great. As said in the description the Cat C certainly hasnt been for structural damage and appears to only be for front bumper and bonnet, maybe headlights. Categorised cars i think get tarred with a bit of an unfair brush.

Some of the cleanest cars in the country are categorised and some cars have been insurance repaired a number of times but the value isn't great enough to categorise them is what alot of people don't realise.

But in any case, I can assure anyone that this car has been stripped bare, built up and no expense spared and any inspection is welcome so if that isn't enough for someone well they are missing out on a truely exceptional build put together by some big names in British motorsport.

Hopefully it goes to someone who appreciates the build quality and as a few have said, that may not be someone in the UK.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.