The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Possible fuel issue??

Guest suprastylecat

Guest suprastylecat

Good morning all you loveley supra heads.

I have an issue with............. You guessed it, my supra.

It conked out on Friday afternoon after a little splutter it stalled and won't start again, turns over just won't fire up, I'm sure it's a fuel issue. It's an na but has had an engine swap and is running a 1uzfe v8 but the fuel system generally hasn't changed, original pump etc. It's been up and running for a little while so I'm sure it's nothing to do with the engine swap although it's obviously always a possibility.

I can't hear the pump priming on ignition which leads me to believe it's getting no power, I've swapped the main relay under the bonnet with the fog relay and that made no difference, is there a fuse inline some where that could have gone?? Also this talk of a fuel ecu?? I cannot find it to save my life, it certainly isn't in the boot of the motor!! IS it just a TT thing?? Any help is hugely appreciated 

Guest suprastylecat

Even on the NA's?? Because I stripped that bad boy right down and cannot find it any Where!! Am I missing something?? Is it pugged away behind something really obscure?? I've been told it's behind the panel with the boot light, removed that and nothing there!! Continued to remove every panel I could and cannot find it!!

Easy Start into the intake will show if it's fuel, unless the plugs are wet. If it fires up on easy Start or a petrol mist from a sprayer then look to the fuel side. if it does not, and the plugs aren't wet look to ignition or a severe timing / loss of all compression issue. That should at least halve the diagnostics needed ;)

Guest suprastylecat

New filter went in recently so happy with that. I did swap efi main for the fog relay and made no difference, I'm still baffled with this fuel ecu?? Is any one 100% that the na has one?? Because I cannot find one in my boot, I've even had a camera behind my panels thanks to everyone so far tho, I really appreciate the help

Disregard I should've seen the v8 swop! Before you do that, check your timing belt. This happened to me once and I was convinced that i was flooded. Car would sometimes start but as soon as you touched the throttle it died. Turned out that my hydraulic tensioner was seized and snapped the bracket on the timing belt tensioner pulley, hence timing belt was loose and timing was off.

Guest suprastylecat

Thanks, I've seen these on line already and was going by the exact same photo but still cannot find it! Bloody thing I'll get some pictures later when I'm home just to make sure I'm not being completely special

Guest suprastylecat

I wouldn't know where to start knowing if timing was off or not, I am merely a humble electrician that owns a (broken) supra!!

Guest suprastylecat

It's the standard toad alarm, I'm sure these are dealer fitted not factory fitted but have been the same on every supra I've had. When the immobilsor is active it won't even turn over this is allowing the engine to turn but not fire up

Guest suprastylecat

FIXED.......

OK so if anyone wants to know, it was the crank case sensor wire, one core had snapped!! That's all it was

Thanks to everyone for their input.