The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Returning to the supra scene

MOsupra

Morning gents.

Bought a supra off a fellow member about 3 years ago and has no choice but to sell it due to circumstances a year later.

Broke my heart

However I want another supra.

Seen a beaut for sale but it's 5peed n/a.

I want to put a 2jz with low miles with an upgraded clutch.

Where the best place to guy buy and fit for fair price?

Cheers

Morning gents.

Bought a supra off a fellow member about 3 years ago and has no choice but to sell it due to circumstances a year later.

Broke my heart

However I want another supra.

Seen a beaut for sale but it's 5peed n/a.

I want to put a 2jz with low miles with an upgraded clutch.

Where the best place to guy buy and fit for fair price?

Cheers

Hi

Welcome back.

Where are you located? You should be able to source an engine off the forum, they do come up occasionally so worth checking the parts for sale thread.

If you're looking for a reputable trader down south to undertake the work then speak to Supra Racing Developments (SRD) who are an authorised trader on here.

If you're more central based then worth looking at Tim at TB Developments who again is an authorised trader. I know a forum member called Littlenum is also brilliant for engine building, swaps and all things Supra related too so you could drop him a pm and see if he'll help out.

Any photos/links to the car in question as there's plenty of knowledge on the forum and we might be able to help you out with the car.

Also worth noting that the W58 5 speed boxes aren't built for taking Twin Turbo BPU power (circa 400) although some have been fine. Therefore you might want to consider looking at V160 or R154 options albeit the Getrag is mega money and becoming ever rarer.

Good luck.

Greg

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

You can buy the JDM 2JZ-GTE and Getrag 6 speed box from the US or Canada more readily than they appear over here. Costs these days around US$12k (they were $6k a couple of years ago). Probably best wait for a TT6 to come up for sale, there was a auto to TT6 for sale in the classifieds recently which could well still be available.

You can buy the JDM 2JZ-GTE and Getrag 6 speed box from the US or Canada more readily than they appear over here. Costs these days around US$12k (they were $6k a couple of years ago). Probably best wait for a TT6 to come up for sale, there was a auto to TT6 for sale in the classifieds recently which could well still be available.

$12k for both or each?