The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Climate controls wiring/electronics

el_bandido

In my constant quest down the road of seemingly stupid ideas...

Does anyone 1) have a wiring diagram for the climate control buttons/knobs for a 95 JDM non-turbo and 2) know whether the controls are all electronic (rather than valves etc)? I'm toying with the idea of replacing the entire dash midsection with a screen and want all of the climate controls etc to work via touch interface talking to relays.

Not so much a stupid idea more a why would you bother, seriously? The climate control module isn't even rectangular to fit, neatly, a touch screen. Dug up a thread on this from 2011, seems it never got off the ideas board. Maybe it didn't work out? Maybe it just became too much trouble or a low priority thing? How about a decent HUD instead?

Essentially binning everything, clock is going, cig lighter is going in favour of a USB charger in the arm rest, dash dials are going in favour of a (separate) screen, double din is already gone. The rest of the car will end up getting modernised and this will essentially act as the brain so I can do everything in one place.

In my constant quest down the road of seemingly stupid ideas...

Does anyone 1) have a wiring diagram for the climate control buttons/knobs for a 95 JDM non-turbo and 2) know whether the controls are all electronic (rather than valves etc)? I'm toying with the idea of replacing the entire dash midsection with a screen and want all of the climate controls etc to work via touch interface talking to relays.

1 - Extracted the AC section for you and attached as a PDF

2 - The internals of the AC controller unit are mostly electrical. The knobs are variable resistors. I still have this spare board if you want further images of it or anything in particular.

Radiator_Fan_Automatic_Air_Conditioning.pdf