The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seriously Sky Insurance?

a98pmalcolm

Oh I told Sky "Are you having a laugh?" Told them straight up I will have to phone around.

Footman James sound interesting providing they will cover highly modified cars.

Footman James for me were the biggest joke I had so far from a insurance company

They told me "as from today were only insuring people from 40yrs onwards on these cars"

So in other words they wont insure a old 1996 TT6 to a guy who is a handsome 37 year old with 10+ NCB with no points etc

Im with Sky, always had good service from them and always been the cheapest

Footman James for me were the biggest joke I had so far from a insurance company

They told me "as from today were only insuring people from 40yrs onwards on these cars"

So in other words they wont insure a old 1996 TT6 to a guy who is a handsome 37 year old with 10+ NCB with no points etc

Im with Sky, always had good service from them and always been the cheapest

Just got off the phone to FJ and they won't quote me on my Supra because I'm not 25 :(

Oh I told Sky "Are you having a laugh?" Told them straight up I will have to phone around.

Footman James sound interesting providing they will cover highly modified cars.

They are great for classic cars and kit cars but as far as I am aware they only cover light modifications.

Who did you deal with at Sky and did they sort this out for you?

I ended up getting a few quotes else where and they lowered the cost to a similar price, I added the extras I have done this year and upped the agreed value to 30k.

I also proposed a deal and they agreed that when I move house I wont be charged the admin fee, meaning that they ended up being a little cheaper than the competitor.

I ended up getting a few quotes else where and they lowered the cost to a similar price, I added the extras I have done this year and upped the agreed value to 30k.

I also proposed a deal and they agreed that when I move house I wont be charged the admin fee, meaning that they ended up being a little cheaper than the competitor.

So you are happy with the deal you received in the end despite having to jump through several hoops?

Who did you deal with?

Guest Budz86

Current premium is £450 through Flux and underwritten by Marker Study. Renewal price from Flux is £465, so told them if ring round. Called Sky and they want £730 for the same cover; told them to jog on. Over 30 with 9 years NCB and extensively modified; any other recommendations on brokers?