The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Renaissance Red Supra Auto Single Turbo 1993 - UK Spec for sale

Carnage

Renaissance Red Supra Auto Single Turbo 1993 - UK Spec for sale.

Hello, for sale is my Toyota Supra. I bought the car off a forum member on here. It is a tidy example and has a lot of really nice upgrades. His originally “what’s it worth” thread is here. I’ve only had this car for around four months, but a recent change in family circumstances is forcing me to sell. I’ve moved out of my main house into temporary accommodation, so I now need extra money for a deposit for a new house / flat.

Misc Details:

• Mileage: 101800 miles (around 1000 miles in my ownership in four months)
  • Genuine UK Spec Supra Twin Turbo model (converted to Single)
  • Year of Manufacture - 1993 (31st Dec)
  • Renaissance Red (recent full respray)
  • Full Service up to 87200 miles (since serviced by recent previous owner using independent garages)
  • Numerous paperwork/MOT’s + Toyota Service Manual.
  • No advisories on the last MOT except for “exhaust noisy”.
  • Car always warmed up and cooled down before turning the engine off

Interior:

• Full Cream Leather Interior
  • Heated Seats
  • Electric Seats
  • Electric Mirrors
  • Original front mats
  • Cruise Control
  • Aftermarket Double din unit with Sat nav (Kenwood)

Engine: (all new upgrades done under 1500 miles)

• Single Turbo conversion
  • Garage Whifbitz S362 Twin Wastegate Turbo Kit with Billet Compressor Wheel upgrade
  • 264 cams
  • Garage Whifbitz 3” downpipe with 4” exhaust system
  • Titanium Turbo blanket
  • Metal head gasket and ARP head studs
  • Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
  • Fuel pulsation damper removal pipe
  • Injector dynamics 1000cc injectors with Whifbitz top feed fuel rail.
  • Bosch 044 fuel pump
  • Garage Whifbitz twin fan kit wired into Syvecs ECU
  • Garage Whifbitz aluminium radiator + hoses and polished top water neck
  • Garage Whifbitz 4” front mount intercooler kit
  • Garage Whifbitz autobox cooler kit
  • Garage Whifbitz oil drain plug
  • Garage Whifbitz oil filter sandwich plate
  • SRD aluminium under tray
  • Whiftbitz coilpacks
  • New spark plugs BKR7EIX
  • Misc brackets/pulleys powder coated
  • Garage whifbitz black cooling plate
  • New valve stem oil seals
  • New fan belt + front crankshaft oil seal
  • New Gates timing belt kit and new tensioners
  • New thermostat and water pump
  • New inline fuel filter
  • New alternator and starter motor
  • Air conditioning pump removed

Electrics:

• Syvecs S6 GP ECU
  • AEM wideband sensor wired into ECU with digital display on the dashboard.
  • Boost gauge
  • Syvecs calibration switch
  • Bosch wideband knock sensor
  • 3.5 bar map sensor
  • Pierburg boost control solenoid
  • Fuel pressure and oil pressure sensor
  • New AEM Gauge / O2 Sensor

Brakes:

• Fully rebuilt UK front callipers with stainless steel pistons and Chris Wilson fast road pad
  • Goodrich braided brake lines
  • Painted callipers and new supra decals
  • Callipers and pads only done about 100 miles ago
  • Brand New Front Passenger Side caliper (was a fail on the mot due to hairline crack). £336 from Toyota

Suspension / Handling:

• BC Coilovers
  • Adjustable lower control arms (rear)
  • Adjustable toe arms (rear)
  • Adjustable traction rods (rear)
  • New anti-roll bar drop links
  • Suspension fully set up by Track Torque Racing (York).
  • XXR Chrome Black wheels

Exterior:

• S2000 stubby Aerial kit
  • Rear wiper delete kit

Misc:

• New Fuel Tank Guard
  • Front radiator support with brand new
  • New Toyota badges

What I’ve done on the car myself since my ownership (around £3K in total):

- Underseal at Preserve and Protect £600 (Johnstone, Scotland) The car only had some surface rust underneath and was generally very clean but it was not fully under-sealed so I wanted this done to help protect the future condition of the car. See their website for more details, they do a very professional job for underseals. Summary of work: Steam Clean the full underside/arches of Vehicle using a degreaser to remove any dirt, grease and salt (leave to dry). Once dry, and the surface is clean to work with, Treat any rust with Dinitrol Rust Convertor (leave to cure). All flaking rust will be wire brushed. Injection of Cavities with Dinitrol Cavity Wax, all doors treated as part of the process. Treat the full underside of vehicle with Dinitrol Underbody Wax. I can also arrange a potential buyer to have a good look under the car on ramps if needed (will need to arrange in advance).

- Professionally detailed ~ £700 - The car had been recently resprayed, so is in great condition, but I wanted it detailed and properly protected. It’s been coated with Crystal Serum Light plus 2 coats of Exo v3. I had this done at Apexdetail in Johnstone, Scotland. The car is very easy to clean due to the amazing water repellency. There are still a some light swirl marks but difficult to see.

- Alarm / Immobiliser £440. New Autowatch Alarm and Immobiliser. The car did not have an alarm fitted and there was no fob for central locking.

- Focal 165 Front speakers £130 I fitted these as felt the standard speakers were a bit under-powered and weedy imo.

- New Battery £80 The previous seller mentioned that a new battery had been fitted but I was getting battery drain issues from the moment I had the car. It’s been perfect since I fitted the new battery Halfords Calcium Battery HCB005.

- New Diff Oil Motul Gear 300 75W-90 Fully Synthetic ~ £40

- New Gearbox Oil Motul MULTI ATF Fully Synthetic Car Automatic Gearbox Oil ~ £40

- New HID kit - £30 4300k temp.

- Tuned to 430whp (printouts soon) (~£500)

- New Wheels XXR Chrome Black (~£580)

- New BC Coilovers (~£750)

- New AEM Gauge /O2 Sensor (~£220)

Issues: (reflected in price)

- If enabled the Overdrive light goes on and off at one second intervals if when driving. Doesn’t really bother me too much but obviously not ideal. The Autobox still kicks down and up fine when driving. When overdrive is off, the map feels sportier.

- Some small marks on the bonnet scoop (difficult to notice, unless looking closely).

- When fitting the front speakers, I split a couple of the plastic covers that cover the screws.

- Wing mirror (not the unit, just the mirror) is a bit slack but I will aim to get this properly fixed soon.

- The Syvecs Cal Switch is quite loose. All settings are set to the same remap, but ideally it would be good to get this fixed. I might buy a new switch kit.

Viewing is obviously recommended. Test drives will be done by myself and possibly for the potential buyer as a driver, only if I trust he/she has genuine interest, has proof of insurance, and asking price cash is in my hand. This is a seriously fast car. I think the price is very fair considering the rarity, condition and spec of the car.

The price: £13500 ONO. No silly offers / timewasters.

Spares (will include if I get a decent offer) I think the following is probably worth around £400-£500.

• 1x UK Spec Glass Headlight in very good condition (passenger side)
  • UK Spec Twin Turbos with fittings (Removed from car during the Single Turbo conversion from the previous owner).
  • Active front spoiler (blade, mechanism, undertray)
  • Original cd player/head unit and multi changer box
  • Old Air Con unit (was removed from car)
  • Supra Car Cover
  • Standard Cat Converter downpipe for MOT’s
  • 2x30 mm spacers
  • 2x25mm spacers
  • Rear wiper assembly

Spares (will include if I get a decent offer) I think the following is probably worth around £400-£500.

• 1x UK Spec Glass Headlight in very good condition (passenger side)
  • UK Spec Twin Turbos with fittings (Removed from car during the Single Turbo conversion from the previous owner).
  • Active front spoiler (blade, mechanism, undertray)
  • Original cd player/head unit and multi changer box
  • Old Air Con unit (was removed from car)
  • Supra Car Cover
  • Standard Cat Converter downpipe for MOT’s
  • 2x30 mm spacers
  • 2x25mm spacers
  • Rear wiper assembly

If these don't get given away with the car could you give me a price on that headlight?

Back up for sale…. A forum member viewed the car on Saturday, left a cash deposit and we both agreed on the sale, with both of us having a copy of the receipt but the guy has just pulled out of the sale for some reason… This was after me showing the guy the car for around an hour on Saturday, I took the guy out for a 20-30 min test drive, and was invited into my Mum’s house! He made an offer, which I accepted, left a cash deposit, and we both signed a receipt. My life is stressful enough at the moment without stuff like this!?! I can’t really believe this, as I’ve basically marked the car as sold pending deposit but then the guy says he has advice from his Mum / Dad that he could do something else with his money?!? I also spent around 2 hours getting the car reading for viewing on Saturday...

I’ve updated the advert slightly as I forgot to mention a recent remap at RA Motorsport. I have since investigated the O2 sensor issue, since putting the car up for sale. Basically, to fix properly, it would involve buying a new AEM Air fuel ratio gauge which includes the correct O2 sensor (£200 on Whifbitz site). I visited RA late last Thursday and they reckon it would cost between £100 to fit, so £300 all in. The car currently has a closed lambda loop so this will only affect the idle running of the car. Once fitted, it is trivial to to open the loop again via Syvecs. Obviously, with a faulty lambda sensor, the car will run a bit rich on idle (no affect at all when driving). I could get this fixed, but it would mean taken the car off sale for a few weeks (which I don’t really have the time for).

I will be putting this on other sites very soon. I will re-pm members who got in contact with me regarding interest. I will now not be accepting px deals, or accepting deposits. Straight sale only. Please no timewasters! Only come to view the car if serious about buying.

Completely missed this thread until now. Shame you're having to sell up mate, it's a lovely example.

I got a good look around this a few months back and it's a very clean car. Whoever picks this up is getting a serious bargain!

• 4 weeks later...
Back up for sale…. A forum member viewed the car on Saturday, left a cash deposit and we both agreed on the sale, with both of us having a copy of the receipt but the guy has just pulled out of the sale for some reason… This was after me showing the guy the car for around an hour on Saturday, I took the guy out for a 20-30 min test drive, and was invited into my Mum’s house! He made an offer, which I accepted, left a cash deposit, and we both signed a receipt. My life is stressful enough at the moment without stuff like this!?! I can’t really believe this, as I’ve basically marked the car as sold pending deposit but then the guy says he has advice from his Mum / Dad that he could do something else with his money?!? I also spent around 2 hours getting the car reading for viewing on Saturday...

I’ve updated the advert slightly as I forgot to mention a recent remap at RA Motorsport. I have since investigated the O2 sensor issue, since putting the car up for sale. Basically, to fix properly, it would involve buying a new AEM Air fuel ratio gauge which includes the correct O2 sensor (£200 on Whifbitz site). I visited RA late last Thursday and they reckon it would cost between £100 to fit, so £300 all in. The car currently has a closed lambda loop so this will only affect the idle running of the car. Once fitted, it is trivial to to open the loop again via Syvecs. Obviously, with a faulty lambda sensor, the car will run a bit rich on idle (no affect at all when driving). I could get this fixed, but it would mean taken the car off sale for a few weeks (which I don’t really have the time for).

I will be putting this on other sites very soon. I will re-pm members who got in contact with me regarding interest. I will now not be accepting px deals, or accepting deposits. Straight sale only. Please no timewasters! Only come to view the car if serious about buying.

I hope you kept the deposit !!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.