The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My experience with SRD

supra_jms

My review of Lee and SRD.

First of all a little back story to add some context. My car is an aerotop na auto and i asked Lee to fit a 6 speed conversion kit that i had a company importing for me.

I spoke to Lee on the phone and he left me feeling confident i had choosen the right place and he agreed to having the parts shipped to him. I was promised an arrival dates for the parts so went ahead and dropped the car off.

No parts arrived when promised, waited nearly an extra week for them to arrive all this time Lee had my supra taking up space but never pressured me to come get the car back.

So to the parts, they arrived with the gearbox being useless and needing a complete rebuild, a lot of parts missing or not off a supra. Lee got in touch straight away and updated me with his finding.

I contacted the company who imported the bits, very little communication and when they did they would respond with "kit doesnt include that" thankfully having it all in writting so i could prove otherwise. Lee once again went the extra mile contacted the company telling them how it was and what was needed and getting them to agree to cover the cost. Something im 99% sure i would of had to taken them to court to achieve.

Once all of that was over Lee and the team got on with the work keeping me updated at all times and sending pictures of the progress.

To put it simply Lee and his team did everything right. Probided a great service, answered all of my questions and went the extra mile for me when i suspect most garages would of just said it was not there problem.

I have owned my current supra for 4 years now and had the single turbo conversion as well as all maintenance/ servicing done at SRD.

The team is always very accommodating and turns my car round very quickly.:)

Even gave me the Lexus for the day whilst the car was getting fixed.