The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Central locking

Jam127

I was pushing the 'lock' button function on the drivers door card (beside the window switches). The car wouldnt lock with the feature which kinda puzzled me.. anyway i went to lock my car with the button on the fob and guess what... it wont lock. The alarm/immobiliser does activate but it no longer locks the doors, if i manually lock it (lock it on the inside, hold the door handle out and shut the door) it stays locked then it unlocks when the button is pushed. This only happened today after i fiddled with the 'lock' function inside the car.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks!

My car did that 12 years ago. It lasted about 3 months then it became an intermittent fault. Then about 11 years ago it fixed itself again and has been fine since, never did track down a cause. I suspect it was a water problem as it first occurred after a prolonged period of torrential rain.