The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone here use a CARCOON garage?

Jamesy

Need to get some decent protection for the Do-Luck sorted.

Cant build a garage or car port and don't want a cover.... so I am 99% sure I will be ordering a Carcoon. I know Jazz has had one. Anyone else owned one?

Wondered what you think of them and what size you went for? I'm thinking either a size 5 or size 6 - could even get the GSXR in there with a size 6 I think :)

https://www.carcoon.com/carcoon-double-skin-outdoor

The size 5 is 505cm x 200cm x 169cm

The size 6 is 560cm x 200cm x 169cm

How do these compare to the actual size of a Supra would you guys recommended which size?

:D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

George Page, a friend of mine invented the Carcoon. He went round people he knew asking for backing and many of us (foolishly....) told him he was mad. but undeterred he mortgaged his house and also got a loan. The rest is history, he sold his very successful body shop in Manchester and became a millionaire. They sold like hot cakes and he even had the foresight to patent the idea. Last time I saw one the quality was still excellent. Quite what they are like in a strong wind or with a heavy fall of snow I have no idea, as then he only did ones for indoor usage. As for size, have you heard of a thing called a tape measure? ;)

The Supra is approx 15ft long and 6ft wide.

Size 4 Carcoon Dimensions: 470cm x 200cm (15'5" x 6'6")

Size 5 Carcoon Dimensions: 505cm x 200cm (16'7" x 6'6")

Size 6 Carcoon Dimensions: 560cm x 200cm (18'4" x 6'6")

E2A

Doesn't Jazz1 have a fetish about these? Might be worth contacting him :)

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

I have a size 5 outdoor one with my Mkiii Supra in at the moment (a mkiii is longer than a mkiv so a size 5 is plenty).

The product is great I wish I had owned one years ago.

I would be careful of windy areas (rubbing may be a issue) as mine moves around quite a lot and its in a very sheltered spot.

A couple of down sides are getting it in and out and also the visual impact of them (the outdoor ones are silver like a space suit)

Also I was told 2 weeks but it actually took 2 months from ordering to delivery they didn't even keep me up to date on time schedules.

Guest Rsb
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218667[/ATTACH]

My Wife calls it the Alien Space Ship:)

And the car inside!

I've been considering one of these too. Good to know you would recommend one. Do you put an 'indoor' dust cover over the car before enclosing it to reduce rubbing?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218667[/ATTACH]

My Wife calls it the Alien Space Ship:)

And the car inside!

I've been considering one of these too. Good to know you would recommend one. Do you put an 'indoor' dust cover over the car before enclosing it to reduce rubbing?

No I didn't because the whole idea of a Carcoon is sir circulation.

Mine is in a very sheltered spot but if it's windy it does move around if if was in a more exposed spot it would no doubt touch/rub the car.

Thanx guys really helpful

Shame the outdoor one is silver as the indoor see thru one looks so much better.

So the supra would fit in a size 4, just. Would u be better getting a size 5 for a but more wiggle room or size 4 so it takes up less space on drive??

I have a size 5 outdoor one with my Mkiii Supra in at the moment (a mkiii is longer than a mkiv so a size 5 is plenty).

The product is great I wish I had owned one years ago.

I would be careful of windy areas (rubbing may be a issue) as mine moves around quite a lot and its in a very sheltered spot.

A couple of down sides are getting it in and out and also the visual impact of them (the outdoor ones are silver like a space suit)

Also I was told 2 weeks but it actually took 2 months from ordering to delivery they didn't even keep me up to date on time schedules.

Thanks mate. When windy does it touch the car inside? How much space do u have around the car?

Also how long does it take u to get the car in and out if you just want to use it one day?

I opted for a size 5 based on the Mkiv with some room I really do think the bit extra is good and lucky for me the mkiii fits too as its longer.

I would say if you are not packing it away 5 minutes to get it out and ten to put it back in although I would say they are not designed for that purpose more a long term storage option I think it's an hours job to properly pack it away, although there is another product that is more frame based (like a gazebo) so you drive it in through one end then just circulate air like the Carcoon although the Carcoon is more bouncy castle like as it keeps it inflated constantly. The frame based one is indoor only and clear.

I think it's silver to reflect the heat from the sun to maintain a more even temperature.

Yeah i much prefer the indoor one. But i need an outdoor version

Ive asked Jazz for a pic of the size 4 so i can decide which is best.

Id be using the car couple times a week but if its 5-10, mins to get it in and out i can live with that for the protection it gives

Looks like I'm going to be buying one of these too seeing as I've not sorted out my garage arrangement.

From what I've read by owners you need to shift snow and such like off them in winter as they will collapse.

Group buy?

Looks like I'm going to be buying one of these too seeing as I've not sorted out my garage arrangement.

From what I've read by owners you need to shift snow and such like off them in winter as they will collapse.

Group buy?

group buy :D

what size will you go for?

Looking at my notes:

Supra Dimensions:

178″ L x 71″ W x 50″ H

452cm x 181cm x 127.5cm

Size 4 or 5 carcoon

I'd prefer smaller I think

If you're going to put it where I think you're going to put it, then I think it will work well, as it's quite sheltered.

Looking at my notes:

Supra Dimensions:

178″ L x 71″ W x 50″ H

452cm x 181cm x 127.5cm

Size 4 or 5 carcoon

I'd prefer smaller I think

size 4 looks snug. not a bad thing bearing in mind these dont exactly look the most appealing thing!! shame as the indoor one is nice being see-thru.

I'm now in Shanghai, China and I had to leave my freshly resprayed Storm Blue Supra somewhere.

Couldn't afford to rent it in one of Manchester's units as prices are just ridiculous.

I don't have a garage so just bought a used Carcoon from an old chap down in Gloucester for £280! Good price as it was only ever used 2/3 times and that was indoors.

I went for size 5 just to make sure and it fits perfect :)