The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MKIV OC General Election Poll

SupraAyf

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't going to vote, as I've pretty much given up on party politics now, but looking at the 2015 result, and the current polling trends, it seems that it may be possible to remove Labour from York central, one of its traditional strongholds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/E14001061

Aside from the EU issue, and to prevent the calamity that a Corbyn / McDonnell/ Abbot / Thornberry government would be, the only reason I actually care about getting rid of Labour is their awful obsession (locally) with punishing drivers, and giving planning permission on vast swathes of the local green belt.

I think the most interesting aspect will be to see how this pans out in Scotland and Wales. In England, it looks like Labour will be wiped out in all but a few metropolitan strongholds, but the Tories look set to get a sizeable majority in Wales, the first time since ww1, and even in Scotland it looks like both unionists and leave voters are set to rally behind the Tories, gaining them anywhere between 5 and 12 seats if the polls are to be believed. Both these things would have been unthinkable a couple of years ago. Ruth Davidson is a great asset to the Scottish Tories.

In before the arguments.

Too right Gaz, I'm not commenting, only voting ;-)

On a different note, I'm thinking of having my Supra sprayed Blue. With a bit of luck I'll be able to transfer my new personal plate over too (PM17MAY).

No bias here whatsoever.

I think the most interesting aspect will be to see how this pans out in Scotland and Wales. In England, it looks like Labour will be wiped out in all but a few metropolitan strongholds, but the Tories look set to get a sizeable majority in Wales, the first time since ww1, and even in Scotland it looks like both unionists and leave voters are set to rally behind the Tories, gaining them anywhere between 5 and 12 seats if the polls are to be believed. Both these things would have been unthinkable a couple of years ago. Ruth Davidson is a great asset to the Scottish Tories.

The Scottish bit will be interesting as Wee Nippy will want to reinforce her plan for IndyRef2.

:rlol: classic

I'll chat with the missis tonight Al.

We pick up our new motorhome in June so if I can get a big decal image of Theresa on the back with PM17MAY fitted then just how cool would I be; just the coolest bloke ever, eh.

That being said, we'll have to be careful for when we travel around certain parts of Scotland in August :D

I'll chat with the missis tonight Al.

We pick up our new motorhome in June so if I can get a big decal image of Theresa on the back with PM17MAY fitted then just how cool would I be; just the coolest bloke ever, eh.

That being said, we'll have to be careful for when we travel around certain parts of Scotland in August :D

I'm tempted to buy it for my car just to wind people up lol

Do any of them offer anything different really? I can't really look back on my life and tell the difference between political parties? Also it seems like in western countries the PM or President don't really have the power we think.

I mean anything radical and it gets challenged by the legal system or individuals, I'm thinking of Trump's Muslim etc travel ban, or here that lady that demanded the brexit decision had to go somewhere (sorry I'm so vague!) etc

It's not like the parties get in and can go crazy with policies is it? A great deal is made of Corbin's no to trident but ultimately even if he was PM this sort of thing has to go to a vote and it's by no means certain Labour MP's would follow their leader on something like this, they certainly aren't duty bound to do so.

It's all PR BS, on tv no one ever says anything complimentary about another party's stance/policy, it's ALWAYS they said/they didn't do/they lied (more than we did) bollocks over and over, then in parliament itself they look and sound like kids arguing in the playground, waving their poncy white papers about, cheering and jeering as they see fit, I just have never been able to engage with the whole process. When they retire, and they are off the leash then some of them I warm a little too.....

The thing is, if Corbyn is PM, the country has no nuclear deterrent whether we have trident or not. He has spent decades protesting against these weapons, and is on account specifically stating he would never use them.

So it doesn't matter what the rest of the party say day or do on that issue, as it would come down to Corbyn to authorise the launch.

I'm voting for whoever isn't Lab or Con. Not actually sure which parties are running here but it's a conservative safe seat so the only effective thing I can do with my vote is show that I am dissatisified with the opposition.

Just look how much the Tories have managed to widen the gap between the "haves" and the "have nots" within a coalition and then with a wafer thin majority. Makes the blood curdle to think what they'd do with a sweeping majority.

One minor consolation might be that a landslide Tory win would finally see the back of Corbyn and his cronies (esp. Dianne 'kin Abbott *shudder*), but I think he'd happily watch the party fracture rather than stand down.

Dark times..........

I will be abstaining ... or spoiling a paper if sufficiently motivated on the day

Surprised anyone would want Corbyn running the country

I've heard that he has difficulty in running his own bath water in the morning Dunk :D

One person that I do think will do extremely well is Ruth Davidson for the Scottish Conservatives. I like her style - lots.

My other forum is currently running at 74% for the Conservatives Party while the Supra Forum has accumulated 69% of the vote based solely on those people who will vote on the day.

Another forum poll I have seen shows the top three as Cons 40%, Lab 17% and LibDems at 23%, not such a clear lead there.

A basic 'poll of polls' chart from the Mirror (compiled by Britain Elects)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218476[/ATTACH]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/general-election-2017-poll-tracker-10266121?service=responsive

A couple of observations worth making, in that you can see the decline of the Labour and UKIP vote is feeding directly into the Tories (the UKIP line is pretty much a mirror image of the Tory one), suggesting that natural Labour supporters are turning to the Tories in a big way. And Also, the closest point between the Tories and Labour being around the time of the referendum, which suddenly changes as soon as May is elected to replace Cameron, suggesting she (or her policies) are actually appealing, rather than just 'less bad' than Labours.

It is also worth remembering that, at this point in the electoral cycle, traditionally the opposition party would have a significant lead over the standing government, not ITRO 20 points behind, highlighting the scale of the disaster heading Labours way.