The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another whats my supra realistically going to fetch.

supra_jms

Specs of the car:

Car is a 1993 NA auto with A01b diff.

1A1 aerotop with 153,000kms (93,000) miles

Completely stock bar stereo system and cat back exhaust.

I have bought a brand new drivers seatbelt

Bosch battery

S2000 aeriel (not fitted)

Brand new facelift tail lights (not fitted)

Biggest thing is car is not even back yet from over £4,000 of paintwork (respray) as with it nearly being 25 years old it was starting to show its age.

Really after an idea on price or if i would be better waiting for the US market as they love MSB 😂😂

Thanks all

Oem bonnet is back on.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistically its an NA Auto and despite what people are putting them up for is about £3k worth max. People thinking they are getting 6 and 7k for NAs at all are dreamers

/QUOTE]

3k max for an immaculate aerotop original 1A1 car? Lol come on dude, thats ridiculous. I bet you cant even find a supra for sale at that price least of all not an aerotop in a rare colour.

3k max for an immaculate aerotop original 1A1 car? Lol come on dude, thats ridiculous. I bet you cant even find a supra for sale at that price least of all not an aerotop in a rare colour.

/QUOTE]

The whole supra market is completely self inflated. Ok maybe 3k is a bit on the harsh side but its not 6 or 7ks worth either.

You used to be able to buy an NA Auto for £1500, nothing has changed about the amount of them in that time except people are putting the prices up because all the big single and tt6 boys are asking mega money for theirs, some of which are worth the money and some which arent but it doesn't necessarily follow that the derivative market for NAs should follow suit.

And just because the OP has overpaid for a £4k respray does not enhance the value by that much. And its not original, its been resprayed so its even less desirable as an oem unmodified car.

Edited by np89 (see edit history)

And just because the OP has overpaid for a £4k respray does not enhance the value by that much. And its not original, its been resprayed so its even less desirable as an oem unmodified car.

/QUOTE]

How can you justify saying me having my 1A1 resprayed in 1A1 has made it less desirable. As now the car is not carrying any scratches, paint fade, dings or marks that the car would of accumilated over 24 years?

Edited by supra_jms (see edit history)

The whole supra market is completely self inflated. Ok maybe 3k is a bit on the harsh side but its not 6 or 7ks worth either.

You used to be able to buy an NA Auto for £1500, nothing has changed about the amount of them in that time except people are putting the prices up because all the big single and tt6 boys are asking mega money for theirs, some of which are worth the money and some which arent but it doesn't necessarily follow that the derivative market for NAs should follow suit.

/QUOTE]

In 2008 you could easily pick up a TT6 for under 10k... but that doesnt mean that now in 2017 TT6s are still only worth that. Exactly the same applies for the lesser model's too. Infact i would possibly suggest that it applies more so to the lesser models due to demand.

There are significantly more 7k NAs being bought and sold than 25k+ singles

How can you justify saying me having my 1A1 resprayed in 1A1 has made it desirable. As now the car is not carrying any scratches, paint fade, dings or marks that the car would of accumilated over 24 years?

True and I'm sure it looks lovely but its now not original. I know i sound like a bit of a dick but people need to start getting realistic about them.

I dont dispute that your car is a lovely colour and im sure it is well finished (it would need to be for 4k), but its got 90k on it, its 25 odd years old, its not particularly rare and there isn't really any demand for it so why would it be commanding mega money? The market is completely self inflated.

Its like when everyone thought a stock unopened TT would do 800bhp, yes at one stage it would have but now they all need rings, they all need rods and most actually need pistons. I have seen more 2JZs shit themselves in the past year than ever before. And people are still doing ridiculous builds and spending money on the "popular" parts to have and ignoring the issues.

Truely the only cars that are worth the big money are the ones that have been rebuilt from the ground up and I mean stripped!

In 2008 you could easily pick up a TT6 for under 10k... but that doesnt mean that now in 2017 TT6s are still only worth that. Exactly the same applies for the lesser model's too. Infact i would possibly suggest that it applies more so to the lesser models due to demand.

There are significantly more 7k NAs being bought and sold than 25k+ singles

/QUOTE]

And even the 25k singles are not worth it either and I'm sure you can agree with me that little to none of them ever sell for anywhere near that if they even sell at all but more likely end up being broken and people still want 3k for an engine that needs built!

Did you get out the wrong side of the bed today??

And even the 25k singles are not worth it either and I'm sure you can agree with me that little to none of them ever sell for anywhere near that if they even sell at all but more likely end up being broken and people still want 3k for an engine that needs built!

/QUOTE]

Have to agree with this though, A car is worth what a buyer is prepared to pay. And currently people are not prepared to pay £23k + for large singles and I made more breaking mine for bits that I would have eventually sold it for a whole car. Sad but true

Did you get out the wrong side of the bed today??

Have to agree with this though, A car is worth what a buyer is prepared to pay. And currently people are not prepared to pay £23k + for large singles and I made more breaking mine for bits that I would have eventually sold it for a whole car. Sad but true

Lol yes I seem to have gone off on one Mike don't I? I usually don't get involved but these threads are almost daily now, seems to have set me off. I shall abstain!

Thats why i said theres more 7k NAs being sold than 25k singles.. very few big singles actually sell, where as quite afew NAs have and do sell for prices in excess of 5k.

To put this into perspective i recently renewed my insurance on my NA5. I asked for an agreed valuation of 8k and they accepted it with no questions asked, they didnt even ask for any pictures.

Thats why i said theres more 7k NAs being sold than 25k singles.. very few big singles actually sell, where as quite afew NAs have and do sell for prices in excess of 5k.

To put this into perspective i recently renewed my insurance on my NA5. I asked for an agreed valuation of 8k and they accepted it with no questions asked, they didnt even ask for any pictures.

/QUOTE]

Who was that with ?

Lol yes I seem to have gone off on one Mike don't I? I usually don't get involved but these threads are almost daily now, seems to have set me off. I shall abstain!

/QUOTE]

I have to agree the daily whats it worth threads are getting boring now. Perhaps they should be banned like Hovis threads :D

The whole supra market is completely self inflated.

No it isn't.

Rising interest in classic and sports cars, new sports cars becoming less interesting, and external economic factors, and basic demand/supply are pushing the prices up, not owners.

This isnt a unique phenomenon, NSX's, Skyline GTR's, FD3 RX7's etc and other comparable cars have all seen similar gains (in % terms)

A car is worth what a buyer is prepared to pay.

This exactly. Especially in the supra market things are crazy overpriced.

You NEVER get back your money you put into cars, so don't be thinking that 4k paintwork adds onto the price of the car.

Put it up a bit above what you want for it and be prepared to bargain - someone will want it to put a single tubby + 6sp in

True and I'm sure it looks lovely but its now not original. I know i sound like a bit of a $#@! but people need to start getting realistic about them.

I dont dispute that your car is a lovely colour and im sure it is well finished (it would need to be for 4k), but its got 90k on it, its 25 odd years old, its not particularly rare and there isn't really any demand for it so why would it be commanding mega money? The market is completely self inflated.

Its like when everyone thought a stock unopened TT would do 800bhp, yes at one stage it would have but now they all need rings, they all need rods and most actually need pistons. I have seen more 2JZs $#@! themselves in the past year than ever before. And people are still doing ridiculous builds and spending money on the "popular" parts to have and ignoring the issues.

Truely the only cars that are worth the big money are the ones that have been rebuilt from the ground up and I mean stripped!

/QUOTE]

I agree with some of this I have seen only a few cars worth the asking price and that's those which have been rebuilt from ground up , others are just jumping on the band wagon especially when asking 20k+ for a car with 20year old body work , suspension bushes and hardly any service history and what with Toyota supra part prices soaring it can get very expensive. When I sold mine there only was one guy truly interested and he was the only one that came to view it the rest were dreamers and I am sure if he hadn't of bought it the car would have sat around for months on end to sell and I would have broken it for more .

/QUOTE]

Allot more people have 5-10k to spend than 25-30k and even then it's getting a old car with many realistically well over the 100k miles to be spending that sort of money for most people allot newer cars fall into that price bracket allot younger modern tech and half or more than half the mileage , c63amg, bmw m5 4.4 dct you can get a practically brand new 370z nismo with 1k miles on the clock and still got 2yr main dealer warranty

370z http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201704054102907?sort=price-desc&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&model=370%20Z&postcode=po207pe&advertising-location=at_cars&make=NISSAN&page=2

m5 https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/m5/bmw-m5-head-up-display-20-alloys-pro-nav-sunroof/6872890

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

I dont dispute that your car is a lovely colour and im sure it is well finished (it would need to be for 4k), but its got 90k on it, its 25 odd years old, its not particularly rare and there isn't really any demand for it so why would it be commanding mega money?

My dad's mates E-Type is a horrible colour, has over 130k on the clock, is 51 years old, has bits of surface rust in places, and is worth at least 4x the amount *any* Supra on this forum is.

I fail to see how or why it's age has anything to do with its value? It's not like people are comparing them to buy I g a brand new daily driver or anything.

By your rationale, Hakosukas or 2000gt's should be worth less than a Supra, because they're also Toyota's and Nissans, and Theyre even older.