The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance

mplavery

Just thought I post up my feedback for Sky insurance

Just had my renewal through the post which to be honest wasn't bad to start with. However I did phone two company's just to see if I can get it cheaper so I can go back to Sky to see what they can do

1) Footman James insurance

After going through all my information, then questioning me about the value of the car they said " we have a new policy which you have to be 45 or over to be insured on this car" :blink:

What a joke

2) Adrian Flux have always giving me good quotes and had beaten Sky's quote which came through in the post.

So got back to Sky and Alex, Dave and Clive gave me a cracking deal so well happy

I have been with Sky now I think from 2007/8 I think !

Thank again chaps ! :cool:

Same here but I hate that I need to phone round to get quotes for them to beat! Wish they just gave the best price at renewal

I'm sure they are in the business of making money rather than providing us the cheapest car insurance possible. At least they do come down on prices if you haggle with them. Better than the bigger insurance companies.

Excellent. Many thanks for the feedback :thumbs:

Westy, I fully appreciate that. I explain in another thread that insurers put pressure on brokers to increase rates, which puts us in a very unenviable position. If our customer finds an alternative rate elsewhere that matches our policy then we are permitted to attempt to match it. Not an ideal situation, but one we have to deal with.

Cheers,

Alex

I always evaluate an insurer not on their price but on their customer service when you need to make a claim. I'd be happy paying a premium price to know any claim is dealt with fairly, quickly and without fuss. I went LV, not the absolute cheapest but they come number one in customers satisfaction surveys and they turn out some highly competitive prices to. You only know how good your insurance is, when you come to use it.

Sky are only the middle men ��

I found that I'm insured with someone I've never heard of after insuring with sky, the said there just a broker

Being 'just' a broker is hardly unusual. The vast majority of imports, modified, performance cars on the road are through brokers. Who act on behalf of the insurer.