Supra fire

evinX

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only if you catch the fire in its very early stages, one of mine was outside where i worked and we emptied

two workshop extinguishers onto it and it carried on burning

So one of the rally/motorsport set ups would be better?

Crikey, the steel version is half the price :shock:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/fire-extinguishers-hand-held

I know, such is the price for saving a little weight and having a shiny fetish :D

I know, such is the price for saving a little weight and having a shiny fetish :D

Really depends how quick you spot the fire, i was in a 3.0 S capri years ago and had no idea it was on fire

until a few cars coming in the opposite direction started flashing head lights at us, pulled over wondering what was up

and then it went up really quick

The best thing would to have a proper regulation extinguisher kit plumbed in under the bonnet where you press a button and it saturates the bay and smothers the fire. I've been watching videos of these new extinguisher grenades that the fire department are trialling they are incredibly effective and make you feel like your in call of duty :D

The best thing would to have a proper regulation extinguisher kit plumbed in under the bonnet where you press a button and it saturates the bay and smothers the fire. I've been watching videos of these new extinguisher grenades that the fire department are trialling they are incredibly effective and make you feel like your in call of duty :D

I've used one of those grenades before.

Awesome kit.

Hi guys this was my supra and absolutely gutted! The cars fire started before I got to pets at home which was 10 mins away! The car was rebuilt last year to a very high standard! I just fitted new wheels tyres and seats a week ago! Just moted! Cannot believe it! We are struggling to find out what happened as the car was not showing any faults! We stopped the car in the middle of the carpark as a bit of smoke came out the bonnet! I lifted the bonnet not expecting Hugh flames that singed my dad's eye brows! Then whoosh! People brought extinguishers out but it was no good we thought it was going to blow as it was making horrible noises!! It's going through insurance and I will be buying the car back but not to rebuild as I won't trust the chassis after the amount of heat it had it cannot be as strong as it once was! The dash has melted as the flames came into the car in the footwell! My garage stinks!!

FB_IMG_1490807209370.jpg

FB_IMG_1487540239297.jpg

I'm not supersticias but that morning I fitted Paul walker stickers to my car!! I regular check the car before going out anywhere and there were no oil leaks engine bay was dry! I really would love to know what caused it! So many ifs and it could be that..... I will be putting some sort of fire protection on my next build!!

So sorry to see this :(

But I personally woundnt write the shell off completely. It will of course need a complete rebuild, but these are very much over engineered cars. If you want to start again with a different car I completely understand, but maybe consider letting someone else try to salvage the shell if you don't want to.

I feel really bad for You, it was obviously a well loved car and neither you nor the car deserved this. :(

Just glad everyone was not harmed.... sad sad story this... after all you did and all the work you had done I can't believe it. I hope you can get to the bottom of it pal and hope it was insured with a guaranteed valuation.

On the flip side I'll buy your spoiler and boot mate if you buy back and break any parts! :)