The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Seat Repair

uzzyuzzy

Hello

I am looking to get 2 Recaro car seats restored, the main area of work would be the seat bolsters and some scratch removal.

Or depending on the price I might consider having the 2 seats fully retrimmed in red leather.

The TRD steering wheel would also need some attention as the material has deteriorated.

Anybody can recommend anyone around London?

• 2 weeks later...

managed to get one quote so far but seems very expensive, i could go and buy a new set of seats.

"""Hi there

Looking at the pictures, it appears the minimum you need would be to replace the damaged bolsters on the outside. The cost to do that would be £225.00 + VAT. We could then reconnollised the interior for an additional £275.00 + VAT if you wanted to restore it.

If you wanted the front seats re-trimmed in red leather, then you’re looking at £650.00 + VAT per seat.

As for the steering wheel, we could re-colour it for £50.00 + VAT or re-trim it for £400.00 + VAT."""

You can get dye that would make the wheel look good again, but it will just wear off. Personally I would get that wheel re-trimmed, all black leather, preforated where it is currently red and the rest in regular leather. Probably go with some red stitching.

As for the seats, I don't recognise those as Recaros, have they been retrimmed before? For what you would pay to get new bolsters and then retrimmed, you could just buy some good used ones. You could replace the bolsters, patch up the hole, and restore them using dye and filler (furniture clinic sell kits for doing all of that), but it will never looks as good as a retrim.

Royal Steering Wheels seem to be hit and miss with their quality. I had my gen 7 Celica wheel reupholstered by Jack at Royal Steering Wheels years ago and it arrived in a mess, glue everywhere, poor stitching and badly stretched leather. He also cut up the centre horn/airbag section of the wheel and denied all knowledge. Luckily I paid through Paypal and got my money back but it was a real fight.

E2A

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=104047

http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12366

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

Those links are over 2 years old so maybe its being run by someone else now.

I've had 3 steering wheels done through them and everyone came back spot on. I know a couple of people on here have had their steering wheels done by them after seeing mine and never heard of them having a bad experience either.

managed to get one quote so far but seems very expensive, i could go and buy a new set of seats.

"""Hi there

Looking at the pictures, it appears the minimum you need would be to replace the damaged bolsters on the outside. The cost to do that would be £225.00 + VAT. We could then reconnollised the interior for an additional £275.00 + VAT if you wanted to restore it.

If you wanted the front seats re-trimmed in red leather, then you’re looking at £650.00 + VAT per seat.

As for the steering wheel, we could re-colour it for £50.00 + VAT or re-trim it for £400.00 + VAT."""

Too much. Try royal steering wheels.

Keron has a retrim guy who does wicked work. Pm him for the seats

• 3 months later...
Can't help regarding seats but I've used Jack at Royal steering wheels and he done a really good job refubing my stock steering wheel do can highly recommend him.

Old steering wheel

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=218006&stc=1&d=1491673255

Re trimmed new steering wheel

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=218007&stc=1&d=1491673255

Hi

That looks good.

How much does he charge for that kind of work?