The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Attempted theft - keep an eye on your Supra

el_bandido

Love it when these old threads pop back up. We are more likely to have sheep stolen around here than Supras but way out in the sticks the dogs sound off to any unusual noises and I doubt any strangers would want to come meet the 4 dogs unintroduced.

My misses was woken up afew weeks ago to two loud bangs at 1am, she subsequently woke me up saying she thought someone was in the house.

I got up and went downstairs (wasnt expecting much as shes quite a light sleeper and wakes up at the slightest noise) I turned the kitchen light on and noticed that i could see the supras headlights refecting back at me through the window.

The kitchens window faces the garage in the back garden and the supra resides in the garage. It suddenly dawned on me that the garage door must have been opened. I legged it outside with just my phone light and an empty champagne bottle ready to swing it and anything that moved! Luckily for them theyd already legged it and nothing was out of place.

Since then i have invested in a huge torch, baseball bat, garage door anchor, steering wheel lock and i am also about to buy some 1080p hd cameras

I get people stop and take pictures of my car quiet often hard to know if it's people the just like it or planning on taking it. Got alarm immobiliser kept on drive wen I use it or in alarmed lock up when I'm not. When I put my syvecs anti-theft mode on don't seem like it does any thing ?

/QUOTE]

The anti-theft mode prevents the engine from starting when its on that setting. No matter how hard you try, it will not start.

If you have it in that mode and it still starts, you may what to get that mode 're-mapped'.

Recently near me 2 cars have been car jacked, not sure how you can defend against that

Agreed, depends what you have in the car with you and whether you decide to take the chance in fighting back I guess. I don't know how I would react to be honest.

/QUOTE]

As for being car jacked.. i wouldnt be giving up without a good fight. Il happily lose afew teeth if it means not losing my car

Clifford offer blackjax for that.

Everytime the door is opened you need to put a code in before you drive off. If you don't the siren starts and after 20-60 seconds the engine is cut out.

So the attacker can drive a safe distance away then the car is stopped. You can just collect it later with your code.

Clifford offer blackjax for that.

Everytime the door is opened you need to put a code in before you drive off. If you don't the siren starts and after 20-60 seconds the engine is cut out.

So the attacker can drive a safe distance away then the car is stopped. You can just collect it later with your code.

Doesn't the Blackjax void the Cat 1 status/cover from the alarm in the same way their intellistart does?

Doesn't the Blackjax void the Cat 1 status/cover from the alarm in the same way their intellistart does?

Dont believe so?

The only reason intellistart voids cat1 status is because the car can be run without the keys in the ignition.

Blackjax isnt anything to do with that as far as im aware?

Edit, did a little research and blackjax on it's own (can be installed as a seperate unit) is not recognised by Thatcham, However for example the Intelliguard 950 has blackjax built into the alarm which is 100% cat 1 approved.

Only the intellistart functions when enabled invalidate the rating.

Edited by Ric (see edit history)

Car jackings, turbo timer is pretty good for that. set it to 1 minute setting, if you do ever get jacked ata set of lights, whip the key out quickly without them looking, they think its all still running, The car will drive but only for 60 seconds before it cuts out.

Hopefully they aint going to get very far in 60 seconds.

saves you potentially getting stabbed or what ever for resisting, although i dont think i could just give it up without a fight. Just an idea.

Car jackings, turbo timer is pretty good for that. set it to 1 minute setting, if you do ever get jacked ata set of lights, whip the key out quickly without them looking, they think its all still running, The car will drive but only for 60 seconds before it cuts out.

Hopefully they aint going to get very far in 60 seconds.

saves you potentially getting stabbed or what ever for resisting, although i dont think i could just give it up without a fight. Just an idea.

Wont the steering lock engage when the thief tried to turn the wheel ?