The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Both of my UK 6 Speeds pic

blythmrk

I dug my red UK 6 speed out yesterday to take a few pictures for the agreed valuation of 32k and though it was I ideal opportunity to get a few pictures of both cars together (although they live next to each other in the garage I never really see them both out together!) The black one needed a wash anyway.

I still prefer the Supra in red

Both Mkivs together.jpg

I have just found this old picture out too from 12 years ago! Yes I still have the MKiii too!

marks pics 005.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's just greedy have two lol

Very nice mate.. How comes you have two ? one for the missis ?

Lol no the red car is my pride and joy (time warp cond) the black one I use when I want, family days out are fun with 2 baby seats. The missus has to go in the back "nothing like travelling in comfort"😂

Stunning cars!

Is the black car ivory or black leather inside?

Way to go representing the Uk specs :cool:

It is ivory all black UK cars had ivory only white and silver cars had black leather but unless you could special order it different I may stand corrected!

I think you're right. I've seen white cars with ivory, but it could have been special order also.

Yes I forgot about white with ivory.

I have never seen a std factory UK car in either black/red or storm blue with black leather I originally wanted a black uk car with black leather and never found a std UK car with that option but think the red with ivory is great!

QUOTE=mplavery;4207582]Do you have any more pics ? engine bay etc

what mileage have they done mate

Red UK 6 Speed 90k (early 93 owned for nearly 15 years simply pampered) I know not the lowest mileage!

Black UK 6 Speed 130k (95 nearly full Toyota S/H)

red mkiv sill pic.jpg

Pic of sill/floor pan on my red car after repaint of sill floor pans untouched.

Edited by blythmrk (see edit history)

Yes I forgot about white with ivory.

I have never seen a std factory UK car in either black/red or storm blue with black leather I originally wanted a black uk car with black leather and never found a std UK car with that option but think the red with ivory is great!

I was the same, I wanted the black interior on black car too, but as you say, they just aren't about. I think I only ever seen it once.

Ivory on red is a nice contrast :thumbs:

For me though nothing beats the black leather interior on the uk spec :cool:

I was the same, I wanted the black interior on black car too, but as you say, they just aren't about. I think I only ever seen it once.

Ivory on red is a nice contrast :thumbs:

So is the black leather different in a UK spec than a jdm GZ?

As far as I am aware the UK rears are leather when the jdm cars even GZ's were vinyl.

I am still learning about mkivs.

If it weren't for the pre facelift dash panels ;) because of that the rare facelift RZ-S cars that were optioned with leather have the nicest looking interiors. The 3 spoke facelift steering wheel is also a nicer, more modern design than the 4 spoke UK wheel IMO.

Many prefer the late RZ interior with the confetti Recaros and carbon wheel, but that looks too fussy IMO.

Lol no the red car is my pride and joy (time warp cond) the black one I use when I want, family days out are fun with 2 baby seats.

What a lovely position to be in.

If I had the opportunity I would buy a red TT 6 speed just like you and keep it as a collectors item. I'd have another (again ideally red) for hobby use.

If it weren't for the pre facelift dash panels ;) because of that the rare facelift RZ-S cars that were optioned with leather have the nicest looking interiors. The 3 spoke facelift steering wheel is also a nicer, more modern design than the 4 spoke UK wheel IMO.

Many prefer the late RZ interior with the confetti Recaros and carbon wheel, but that looks too fussy IMO.

I'll admit that the 3 spoke wheel looks better, but the optioned RZ-s , did that have the same spec leather etc as the UK? Or was that the GZ seats? ;)

(Genuinely don't know)

I'll admit that the 3 spoke wheel looks better, but the optioned RZ-s , did that have the same spec leather etc as the UK? Or was that the GZ seats? ;)

(Genuinely don't know)

No, the UK spec leather seems to be superior to either of the jap types. The only difference between the pre facelift gz and the post facelift RZ-S leather seats are the patterns.

Does anyone have a complete list of what is different on a UK car compared to a JDM one.

As more and more seems to pop that is different. I always thought the leather would be the same in a UK or JDM spec.

When I bought my red UK car 15 years ago I managed to put a nice slash in my rear seat whist transporting a circular saw (it wouldn't go in the boot!)

I tried buying a new rear seat from Toyota and even then they said they were never available. I visited a few car re-trimmers but the grain of the leather didn't match although the colour was bang on. So I used parts finder and managed to source a mint Ivory rear seat. I always remember collecting it from near the Dartford Tunnel and the guy saying you don't need and thing like a 6 speed box for cheap do you? I really need a crystal ball!!