The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sorry! Whats it worth on insurance valuation

blythmrk

I know again but am really unsure!

93 Red UK TT6 92k Completely stock bar Kenwood head unit.

Last renewal I put 18k but this seems way off now the car is one of the best I have seen in my 15 years of ownership including autos although I am probably biased as its mine:) I have replaced many of the common items suspension, seals etc. again all oem.

I think it is bordering on irreplaceable now.

Is 28k too much?4BCS7653.jpg4BCS7662.jpg

No I don't want to sell it either!

Seeing insurance is to replace like with like I'd go for minimum £30k, in fact I'd pitch it to insurers at £32k. I've never had agreed value insurance turned down as too high so always figure may as well go for a level that won't be way out at next renewal in 12 months time taking into account Supra inflation.

More pictures attached.

4BCS7650.jpg4BCS7649.jpg4BCS7657.jpg4BCS7668.jpg4BCS7646.jpg

I am sure a lot of the older members will recognise my car I attended JAE at Billing it hasn't aged at all in fact its getting better.

For years people have commented put a body kit, wheels, exhaust on it and get rid of the air box etc. How wrong they were I simply have always loved the standard look:D

Thanks for all the positive comments it makes all the effort worth while!

Kind of on topic:

Supra sales are weird at the moment anything cheap or tatty sells quickly (although good standard cars do not seem to appear that may be the difference) but the majority of the higher end cars seem to hang around I wonder what offers I would get if I sold it although this is not on the horizon. I cannot believe 12 months ago I increased my agreed valuation from 15-18k (probably a little low in hindsight) now it's 32k.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Pal

How long have you owned yours?

I have owned my Red UK manual 15 years.

I absolutely love it!

I've owned it 12 years, but despite saying to myself I was going to keep it stock, I got the bug a good few years ago!

I have mine currently agreed for £18K but after reading this thread will definitely be reviewing that this year.

I've owned it 12 years, but despite saying to myself I was going to keep it stock, I got the bug a good few years ago!

I have mine currently agreed for £18K but after reading this thread will definitely be reviewing that this year.

Yes I had mine down at 18k last year how wrong I was!

JM Imports have a silver auto for sale at 17k so a manual is easily 20k+ to sell but as always they are worth what somebody is prepared to pay.

How far from standard is yours?

I may like a highly modified one at some point be will probably buy another one rather than modify mine as I like them completely stock and that seems to be what everyone wants now.

I think we may see a huge increase in value possibly 50% in the next 2-3 years.