The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota supra uk spec Alarm reset

wilkomagic

Best thing to do if the battery goes dead is:

Its a know thing unfortunately with the UK factory Scorpion T5000 alarm that was fitted.

Best thing to do when the battery dies is:

Turn off alarm using the master key to the alarm isolation box.

Disconnect from the car and re-charge battery.

Place battery in the car and re-connect the positive terminal.

Whilst holding your finger on the bonnet alarm trigger, re-connect the negative terminal to the car and turn on alarm using the master key to the alarm isolation box.

Still holding your finger on the bonnet alarm trigger, use the key fob to turn on and off the alarm, job done.

• 7 months later...

I now have this same problem. I've had a flat battery many a time so I guess it must be lick of the draw. I've tried all that has been mentioned in this thread and another one regarding the UK spec alarm.

I now have an MOT booked for next week and despite the immobiliser connections being by passed at the ECU, with the alarm sounding and the hazards going as soon as I turn the key past the ignition there is nothing (the battery is fully charged).

If I were to remove the master ECU (under the drivers seat from memory) will I be able to by pass this issue?

And finally, does anyone know a decent auto alarm technician local to or will to travel to Bristol?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Kev.O (see edit history)

Update:

Having removed the drivers seat and carpet and trying to work out the wiring, I removed the 30amp fuse from the bank of aftermarket fuse holders. Thinking this was the main power and that the alarm should be disabled I was surprised when I connected the main battery when the indicators weren't going but the security light still had power. A quick press of the black button and the remote re-synronised. Replaced the blade fuse and all back to normal.

Spent the rest of the afternoon vacuuming and leather cleaning the seat as well as cleaning all the parts I removed.