The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club Discount Insurance Scheme

mawby

Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?

• Yes because they were the cheapest
    • Yes for the agreed value option
    • Yes simply because they knew what they were talking about
    • Yes for another reason

After much debating and looking at the quotes everyone have provided the club has decided to take on Sky Insurance (UIG) as the official club insurer. As the official club insurer they are devoted to offering our members the cheapest quotes possible and also to provide the best quality service too. They also offer benefits such as agreed values, like for like modifications, and low mileage discounts. Make sure you tell them you belong to the mkiv Supra Owners Club when you get a quote!

Please note you will need to print off your membership confirmation document and send it Sky when requested. Your membership confirmation document can be found here. If you cannot access this page then your club membership is not up-to-date.

For more details or to get a quote please see http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mines not up for renewel yet but who are these guys? I've not heard of them or UIG before?

What sort of policy do they do, is it underwritten by Lloyds and has anyone had any experience of how good/bad they are when it comes to a claim?

I'm not being negative, just wondered about the above.

Paul

Lloyds is not an underwriter, it provides services/insurance market for underwriters/brokers similar to how the LSE works for the stock market. Chap who I spoke to was friendly and polite and not pushy at all.

I stand corrected on the Lloyds bit. Are they an agent/broker any history regards paying out etc?

Paul

I got quoted £460 fully comp with protected no claims on my twin turbo uk spec, and am only 23 with 5years no claims, how goods that?! that is with the online quote thing on admiral.com. as insurance is up for renewal in next few days will try sky insurance but think the chances the admiral quote will be beaten are slim. Hope they can beat it though :D

Im with tesco and my quote for renewal was £1400 with declared mods, after reading this i thought id give sky a call, they quoted me 1550!?!? But.. when he quoted me he said that they will insure the car for what its worth realistically but tescos will only insure me book value!

I checked with tesco and asked them this and they guy told me if i had an accident and wrote my sup off i would get 8k!! I then said even though ive declared my modifications and ive had to pay a higher premium because of this, are you sure its only 8k he replyed "yes sir we only cover you for the book value!"

Well after this sky will be getting my buisness for when i have to renew, and i would check with your insurers how much they pay out as i would be extremely p****d if tesco only paid me 8k

Thankyou guys for sorting this out

James

I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow, I'm currently paying £2900 for my insurance (22, but cover was taken out at 21 with 1yrs NCB), on a TT GZ auto, so anything less than that is a bonus. I'll let you know how I get on. :)

I thought Sky didn't insure anyone under 25??

I've just had to pay an additional premium to Adrian Flux as I was on a limited milage policy, so basically Sky insurance would have been £521 cheaper!!!!!!

And Adrian flux DON'T do like for like cover! :swear:

The Adrian Flux rep started getting difficult with me when I said I made a mistake of taking a policy with them! :taped:

Guest Rays the roof

Aon (current insurance company) last year £1,380; this year quoted £980....

Sky quoted £810 with £50 lower excess and guaranteed vehicle value of £12K!

So me is one happy chappy with a YOY saving of 41% ...Thanks to Mawby and everyone who made this happen!!

:respekt: :thanku: :respekt:

Guest speedstar

hi guys

dunno if any of you know bout this but theres a test you can take that gives you a MINIMUM of 25% off your insurance. its called max-driver. it costs £99 for the standard test that is 2hours every couple of weeks for up to 3months or the FAST TRACK test which is a one day tutorial and then a test. that costs £199. go to

http://www.max-driver.com/driver.asp for details

or call

020 8996 9686

hope this helps you guys get even more off!! Lol

hi guys

dunno if any of you know bout this but theres a test you can take that gives you a MINIMUM of 25% off your insurance. its called max-driver. it costs £99 for the standard test that is 2hours every couple of weeks for up to 3months or the FAST TRACK test which is a one day tutorial and then a test. that costs £199. go to

http://www.max-driver.com/driver.asp for details

or call

020 8996 9686

hope this helps you guys get even more off!! Lol

Sorry mate but that looks like a load of bollocks. Sponsored by Adrian Flux (wonder if any other insurance companies recognise this 'qualification'?) and has the quote:

"Now available in-store at Halfords" :rolleyes: