The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PT6266 A/R .68 vs .81

Sandesupra

Hi guys

Looking at going single with a PT 6266 with a log cast manifold.

cant really decide on the a/r... Whats the major difference and restrictions on the .68 vs .81? T4 open (undivided)

Any advice would be appriciated (spelling is probably shit;-)

looking for 500whp quick spooling, tyre burning fun:-)

Phil

Well the .68 will see you spool quicker and would be more suited to a 500 bhp goal, the 81. Will make more power and have little drop off of torque in the higher rpm.

If your auto I would go with .68 if manual I would go with .81. The down side to the .68 it is restrictive in the higher rev range which does see a drop off in torque but if your auto thats not such a bad thing as your box will last alot longer ;)

Hi Phil, I just bought a 6266 and a cast manifold kit with the .81 and I'm happy with it. I'm auto too.

Same as im going for then:-) 46mm wastgate? 1bar spring?

What numbers are you seeing:-)

Just have to get my hybrids of and sell before ordering:-) Stoked ATM, cant wait for summer and single:-)

46mm wastegate yeah I think. 12psi spring but I'm seeing 1bar.

Not had it mapped yet so can't confirm numbers.

You must have some sort of map on it to be runing 1 bar surely .

Having a un mapped single well a base mapped single is nothing compaired to a mapped one it will blow your socks off lol.

You must have some sort of map on it to be runing 1 bar surely .

Having a un mapped single well a base mapped single is nothing compaired to a mapped one it will blow your socks off lol.

Yeah so I've heard :) haven't got a base map no, just stock ecu. My wideband is saying afr is fine on full boost though. It's actually a bit rich so definitely safe for the time being.

Dam, forgot you went for a 1.00 A/R.

I wonder what the power output of 1.00 compared to 0.81 A/R is?

We'll find out when I have mine mapped! Although it won't be a true like for like as I have vvti but close enough.

What turbo kit did you go for Mike and what else have you done to your car over winter?

Berg and I have exactly the same turbo kit, inlet and both have 264 cams but he's 1.00 and I'm 0.81. But I'm a few months still at least and I've had a full engine rebuild and head work so again not totally like for like but as close as.