The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BMW 5 Series 525d or 530d

ripped_fear

As above I'm looking for a 2003 or newer BMW 5 series 525 or 530d manual. Its currently a bit early but sticking this up now encase anyone is considering selling, should be ready to buy around late March/early April.

My criteria is the car MUST have full leather interior and have plenty of service history.

Colour I'm not to fussed about (ideal world it would be black, dark blue or silver) but mainly would like a car with the optional M sport pack. Have a budget of around 3-3.5k plus my Passat so a tight budget but looking at some adds on autotrader I reckon it should be do-able. Mileage obviously with my budget will be high, but ideally would like to keep it south of 130kish. But history etc is more important to me.

If anyone has one or knows of one please post or pm

Thanks

Jake

Nice cars, dad had a 530d m sport back in 2008/9 and was so comfy. Wish he'd kept it now! If iits a daily any reason you dont want the auto? From what I remember the autos were quite nice and refined.

Only reason is from what I can read and heard from owners is that the auto makes the car considerably more thirsty. TBH thats the only reason.

Only reason is from what I can read and heard from owners is that the auto makes the car considerably more thirsty. TBH thats the only reason.

Have a test drive in a manual and auto. I had a '07 330d and went for the auto, suits the car much better! The clutch/g'box in the manual was rather heavy, and in traffic - horrible! MPG was still in the 40's :)

Have a test drive in a manual and auto. I had a '07 330d and went for the auto, suits the car much better! The clutch/g'box in the manual was rather heavy, and in traffic - horrible! MPG was still in the 40's :)

not disputing it may be better suited mate, i would probably agree and did fancy an auto but from what ive been told the manual can see 50's happily the auto not so much

not disputing it may be better suited mate, i would probably agree and did fancy an auto but from what ive been told the manual can see 50's happily the auto not so much

The only way a manual would do 50 mpg is on a motorway with my wife driving it at 55 mph. Don't become a manual snob ;) the auto does it all very well particularly sport mode launches.

Im selling a 530d! 2007 facelift LCI car, low miles at 111k with 2 owners from new, SE spec.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122358651698?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Very nice car unfortunately that is out of my budget. Lovely example though sure it should sell with ease.

The only way a manual would do 50 mpg is on a motorway with my wife driving it at 55 mph. Don't become a manual snob ;) the auto does it all very well particularly sport mode launches.

Haha fair enough what would you say is a realistic expectation for mpg with mixed driving.

Don't worry I'm not a manual snob I was just going by what iv been told, mpg is important for the daily.

Why are you downgrading from a Passat?

Wouldn't exactly call it a down grade, the car has been superb but showing her age now, and with the value of the car imo it's time to part ways and getting somthing a bit nicer and better condition. Will make someone a brilliant run around for not alot of money so long as they can turn a blind eye to the bumps and knocks in the body work that two people have kindly left on it.

Looks really clean :thumbs:

Looking at these in the M sport estate at the moment. Shame.

Any ownership tips on the 530d lci?

(Free bump)

Glow plugs/thermostats mate. You have to have no glow plug error codes and a coolant temp of over 85 degrees to regen the DPF, when those conditions arent met it wont regenerate, then clogs and you get an error. So DPF deleted car or one thats working properly lol. I really like the car but its huge overkill for my 5 miles each way commute lol

Glow plugs/thermostats mate. You have to have no glow plug error codes and a coolant temp of over 85 degrees to regen the DPF, when those conditions arent met it wont regenerate, then clogs and you get an error. So DPF deleted car or one thats working properly lol. I really like the car but its huge overkill for my 5 miles each way commute lol

Man up ;) Im much the same but still need one in my life hahaha

I'm the same mate, 5 miles each way to work, but it doesn't mean to say I won't be doing linger runs in it for day trips and cutting about the motorway on my days off.

Thanks for the tips on DPF stuff :thumbs: I'd like to look into a delete and remap and swirl flap delete, but not looked into who's good at doing it up here yet. I'm sure there will be a few as it's a popular car.

Are the 530d's ok to work on for things like glow plugs, air and oil filters etc? The engine looks to be set quite far back.

Its a bitch frankly, the whole intake manifold has to come off to do glow plugs which is a partial engine bay strip lol. If you get an LCI car like mine its got the updated swirl flaps which stop the ingestion issues.

Yeah, I'd definitely be looking at the facelift model. Also want the M sport too.

That doesn't sound good with regards to access for maintenance :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.