Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Why on earth would you buy a Supra?

Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    One thing I will never get , the current price an R34 GTR commands , WTF , 70K

Even as a die hard Supra fan, even if the car had all the bells and whistles , not a chance I would pay it! Crazy!

Within Ireland , VRT tax commanded on a new car or anything with a bit of power ; 1990's Jap car makes sense for performance , build quality, Condition 2nd hand JDM cars for a reasonably affordable price

New M5, GTR RS6 here starts at 130K to 180K with some extra's, annual Motortax 2100

New M4 ex-extras 120K
    R34 prices are just crazy, I have no idea why people pay that much, always preferred a midnight purple 33 GTR anyway, especially now they are a fraction of the price.
    Come to the dark side..............we have cookies '98 Facelift 6 Speed Single Aerotop BW S366
    'I might start another thread at how outraged I am at this outraged guy being outraged and starting an 'I'm outrage' thread.' - Mike
    'I'd have a lot more fun with some slightly less attractive stewadesses happy to have an easy ride.' - Pot
    'You intresting?' - Nizam
    'The hole in my knob is all bunged up through lack of use.' - Rob
    'I was surfing the web looking for 'duck penis'.' - Hogmaw
    'Im after the list of different poo's' - Whitesupraboy2
    'Theres a thread where women who have braces talk about giving Bj's seemingly its not too bad if you go slow but be careful of catching hairs ' - ClaireRZ-S

Feedback
    59 (100%)
    I bought all 3 Supras because they are iconic. Great to look at even 24 years after they first came out - they set the benchmark by which all other JDM and tunable cars were and still are judged. As JamieP said, for lbft, nothing much else comes close that entertains, has some soul and actually requires you to drive it. Yes you could have far newer, more powerful cars but as many will testify, they lack soul, driver feel and involvement. They're a 90s poster car and whilst I would love to own a 997 I can never see myself selling the Supra - it's a part of me. he 997 I would have and would have no qualms about selling. And that's one of its defining qualities, it's a car you can have a 'relationship' with for all it's 90s foibles and age-related quirks, it's a car that generates passion. And it becomes part of you.

Posting is my life! Club Member Sheefa's Avatar
    Feedback
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by marc_p View Post
    335D/535D xdrive per chance? Those things really are a torque monster, went out in a remapped 335D and Jesus that thing pulled!
    Yes mate 335d xdrive touring. 391bhp remapped and torque is savage.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Greg

UK Spec Manual - Big Single Turbo 800bhp

Carefully maintained by Lee P and the Team @ SRD
    http://www.supraracingdevelopments.co.uk

Sunday driving Club Member stevie_b's Avatar
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    I remember thumbing through a mid-90s Parkers Guide. I treated it like Top Trumps - looking for the highest powered car. I don't think Parkers listed supercars. I remember their description: "looks like a space ship, and goes like one too".

Uk spec gt28 turbo's Club Member
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    My supra has been a garage queen some years it's done zero miles but when I do go out it feels great still very tight and smooth for a 20 year old car it just shows how good and advanced it was.
    And although I drive a new range rover and a 5 year old bmw 530d any chance I get i would take my supra

I've got nothing but time Club Member Hitbox Junkie's Avatar
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    We get it, you're a horny b@stard, you don't have to keep repeating it
    Haha sorry it was a repost. But glad you get it

Work... what work? Club Member
    Feedback
    Alex_gt has now removed his post, shame, I was hoping for some sort of witty come back to my rebuttal, I'm just glad I managed to quote it beforehand
    It was not removed by me. It's not about witty comebacks, I stand by what I said.

I am not liked here, I know that. If you have opinions that don't conform, you will be outcast.

I get annoyed that people don't seem to realise that not everyone has money to throw away left right and centre on cars. I don't think this is the right community for me, but in the absence of any others, it's this or nothing.

Drive safely kids Club Member bignum's Avatar
    Feedback
    78 (100%)
    I've learnt over the years that if you have nothing constructive to say then say nothing, negative, diggy comments like yours will always attract the "wrong" attention.
    Track attack
    "If in doubt, flat out",Colin Mcrae, 1968-2007 RIP
    93 jspec 6spd single, Heavy right foot
    2016 Nurburgring 7min 27 lap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dGEwjifOGU
    My 2016 Nurburgring 7min28 lap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezdl4UkYjUg
    Supra vs Radical SR3 @ THE RING https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGqOG0V7-Yk

Not really a newbie Club Member
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Got me thinking, maybe time to sell up!!!

Feedback
    44 (100%)
    It would be interesting to see if the market got flooded (i'm only talking 5-10 TT6's!) in the 14-17K range whether they'd all sell.
    Number 8 ...........doing my best to keep
    Number 9 ........been and gone!
    Number 10 ........on its way

What search button? Club Member Annabella's Avatar
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_GT View Post
    It was not removed by me. It's not about witty comebacks, I stand by what I said.

I am not liked here, I know that. If you have opinions that don't conform, you will be outcast.

I get annoyed that people don't seem to realise that not everyone has money to throw away left right and centre on cars. I don't think this is the right community for me, but in the absence of any others, it's this or nothing.
    Nobody has said you're not liked, that's in your head. If your posts were, shall we say, a bit more positive, you might get a bit more positive reaction. Please tell us the good things about your Supra? What do you like about it? Why do you have one? I have mine as it's a bit agricultural compared to modern cars, its fun to drive, it craps you out and wakes you up when the back end steps out somewhat unexpectedly, it sounds fecking ace, it looks sexy. Like others have said I've looked at other cars and keep thinking naa I'll keep it a bit longer. And no I haven't got lots of money either.

Drag Racing Expert Club Member Abz's Avatar
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Friend of mine has an RS6 and an S8, in fact you might remember him from DB, Pedro!! Well it's always broken, something always needs fixing and it is VERY expensive when it goes wrong which it does often.

He couldn't believe on DB the amount of power some cars were running and the fact the guys had been pushing the cars around Europe and driving back home. In his words if he did that on the RS6 by the end of it something would give way.

Also I left him drive my Supra and he said that he could feel everything, even down to the road surface changing. Both his Audi's the drive was numb, speed was quick but he didn't feel the same sensation as he did in the Supra even though his RS6 was much faster.
    "And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."

Ayrton Senna

VVTI finally! Club Member JasonR24's Avatar
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abz View Post
    Friend of mine has an RS6 and an S8, in fact you might remember him from DB, Pedro!! Well it's always broken, something always needs fixing and it is VERY expensive when it goes wrong which it does often.

He couldn't believe on DB the amount of power some cars were running and the fact the guys had been pushing the cars around Europe and driving back home. In his words if he did that on the RS6 by the end of it something would give way.

Also I left him drive my Supra and he said that he could feel everything, even down to the road surface changing. Both his Audi's the drive was numb, speed was quick but he didn't feel the same sensation as he did in the Supra even though his RS6 was much faster.
    Good to see you posting still would you get another supra if they were more available where you are?

Drag Racing Expert Club Member Abz's Avatar
    Feedback
    7 (100%)

Why on earth would you buy a Supra?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonR24 View Post
    Good to see you posting still would you get another supra if they were more available where you are?
    Couldn't sleep so thought I'd hop on, think it's been nearly year since I last signed in!!

I would love to! TT6 here starts around 40k for a shabby example! Such a limited supply here too but they attract far more attention than exotica.

Just had a look now and one has come up 2 days ago, best example I have seen so far!! Seems to be in good condition for 42k.

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."

Ayrton Senna

I'm No.1 Events Organiser Burna's Avatar
    Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abz View Post
    Couldn't sleep so thought I'd hop on, think it's been nearly year since I last signed in!!

I would love to! TT6 here starts around 40k for a shabby example! Such a limited supply here too but they attract far more attention than exotica.

Just had a look now and one has come up 2 days ago, best example I have seen so far!! Seems to be in good condition for 42k.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0eaf3226e6.jpg
    Dean!!! You're back!!! Yay!!!
    94 UK TT Auto, Black

Quote Originally Posted by Supragal View Post
    Bunra is more dangerous. I'm drawn to danger.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickTT View Post
    You did well to keep up, there are few things faster in this world than Burna on the way to a pub