Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why on earth would you buy a Supra?

Feedback
    15 (100%)

Why on earth would you buy a Supra?

Well it's been a while since I p1ssed off a member on here so thought I'd just come in and p1ss the entire club off, make up for lost time and all that

Anyway, despite the above, this is more of a conversational/debate inducing piece than it may appear.

Yes, I do still love my Supra, I've had 4 of them and over the past 9+ years, I've never been without one, I got my 1st at 19 and now I'm not far off being 30, they have seen me through all the ups and downs, from a fresh faced teen not knowing where he stood in the world with zero responsibilities and living with his parents to someone who.........well, I have my own house now .

Back when I first got mine, the Supra was in a league of it's own, it was fast, it still looked up to date to a degree, people loved them and due to the tune-ability it had every quick car trembling when one appeared, there had only been 3 Fast and Furious films and modified Japanese cars still had some kudos to them, but the worlds moved on.

I cling onto my Supra for one reason, nostalgia of what once was, but what actually makes people want a Supra these days? Speed? Buy a GTR, hell, an Audi RS6 Avant will destroy most singles with a remap. Looks? Subjective, but let's be honest, it's no Ferrari, imo the RX7 has always been a prettier car. Iconic? maybe, but no more than the RX7, classic Impreza, Skyline and really, it's the R34 GTR that holds the torch on that one. Handling? spend a chunk and it's alright at best.

There is just a lot of cars that are better straight out the box in nigh on every department and can even be used as daily's with ease.

So, my question to you, why do you like the Supra? Where does it even fit in?
    Come to the dark side..............we have cookies '98 Facelift 6 Speed Single Aerotop BW S366
    'I might start another thread at how outraged I am at this outraged guy being outraged and starting an 'I'm outrage' thread.' - Mike
    'I'd have a lot more fun with some slightly less attractive stewadesses happy to have an easy ride.' - Pot
    'You intresting?' - Nizam
    'The hole in my knob is all bunged up through lack of use.' - Rob
    'I was surfing the web looking for 'duck penis'.' - Hogmaw
    'Im after the list of different poo's' - Whitesupraboy2
    'Theres a thread where women who have braces talk about giving Bj's seemingly its not too bad if you go slow but be careful of catching hairs ' - ClaireRZ-S

Work... what work? Club Member BoGlE's Avatar
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Ohh you've done it now😉

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Work... what work? MEMBERSHIP DUE
    Feedback
    Its a supra!!!!!!! There a way of lift in my thoughts ... although every time I go shopping- out with family etc I always favour my hilux lol

I'm addicted now! Club Member
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    I've been having this internal battle, the Supra is definitely moving into the realm of classic car; the only reason for keeping them about is nostalgia. 9 times out of 10 I prefer hooning it about in the Lexus, but then I get a reaction from someone on the street and it reminds me what owning a Supra is about. In my mind, buying a Supra is a way of expressing a passion for cars in a way that having an M3 (or whatever) doesn't express. I think the GTR falls into this category too, but they are prohibitively expensive at the point of entry for some.

What search button? Club Member Glanza_Mike's Avatar
    Feedback
    11 (100%)
    I agree with some of your points actually, I also think the rx7 is better looking but that has a $#@! engine.

I agree the R34 is more iconic but the Supra has to be second in line.

Speed you said GTR or RS6 avant? I agree but Jesus Christ I ain't got that kind of money. They are 50kish? My Supra cost me 9k and I've probably spent 10 on it and it'll have over 600bhp soon. You can't beat that power with the reliability it gives, much more reliable and tuneable that an R34 or Rx7. Whilst only falling slightly behind in the other two category.

The supras a great all round car, you can have 700bhp, drive it reliably every day, sounds great, looks great (in my opinion) and it is iconic. Can't think of many other 'affordable' cars you can say all that about.

comfortably numb Authorised Hobbyist
    Club Member
    Feedback
    115 (100%)
    why do i love my supra , looks , still looks great now ,not many 23 year old cars stand that test of time . where does it fit in , right in the moddle of my garage , loooovely
    95 j spec tt gz with a scoop, TTE/ lexus gs 300 sport alloys , uk front brakes ,trd strut brace, pioneer p77mp
    oem supra low spoiler
    my web site www.eclipse-auto-valet.co.uk
    QUALITY CAR CARE PM ME FOR PRICES

I'm No.1 Events Organiser Burna's Avatar
    Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Every girl wants to get fingered in a Supra, debate over.
    94 UK TT, Paddle Shift, Black

Quote Originally Posted by Supragal View Post
    Bunra is more dangerous. I'm drawn to danger.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickTT View Post
    You did well to keep up, there are few things faster in this world than Burna on the way to a pub

Boostin Club Member
    Feedback
    Mine still makes me feel like a kid whenever I drive it. Hell, even when I just look at it it gives me that tingling feeling.

It's hard to put your finger on the one thing that draws us all to the Supra because it has so many things going for it.

The road presence it still has to this day even against the new cars released this year is proof that this car is something special.

Me? Post? Never! Club Member mplavery's Avatar
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    Similar to you I didn't really know much about the Supra until I noticed them on the F&F films lol I only just got into Jap cars from being a Ford man with my MR2 Turbo rev 3 and that's when the first F&F film came out.. Once I seen the film and done more research on the car I thought the Supra was just an animal and had to have one.

I think now I still be very interested in them If I didn't own one as I like having a older retro performance car then something new. I like the feel of the old style switches, the not so smooth gearbox etc

I would still choose a R34 over a R35 model that's for sure..

I think if I wanted another project I would go 240z or something that era

What search button? Club Member Annabella's Avatar
    Feedback

I'm No.1 Events Organiser Burna's Avatar
    Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by marc_p View Post
    *Ronnie Pickering rant*
    Be right back lads, I'm just off to refund Marcs DB ticket so he doesn't have to look at a load of Supras all weekend
    94 UK TT, Paddle Shift, Black

Quote Originally Posted by Supragal View Post
    Bunra is more dangerous. I'm drawn to danger.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickTT View Post
    You did well to keep up, there are few things faster in this world than Burna on the way to a pub

What search button? Club Member Annabella's Avatar
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhy View Post
    Mine still makes me feel like a kid whenever I drive it. Hell, even when I just look at it it gives me that tingling feeling.

It's hard to put your finger on the one thing that draws us all to the Supra because it has so many things going for it.

The road presence it still has to this day even against the new cars released this year is proof that this car is something special.
    Didn't Burna clear that up for you?

Feedback
    172 (100%)
    What else can you buy? That's Semi practical, RWD manual and tune 800hp easy enough?

I loved the GTR, and I will probably buy another one soon, epically fast car, but just a bit boring.

What search button? Club Member
    Feedback
    17 (100%)
    I've realised that it's the JZ engine that I love and don't really think there is anything out there that is as tuneable and still remain very reliable.....I now have a JZX110 and its absolutely beautiful inside.....and getting quicker too.
    NOW JZX110

N/A-T

N/A-1JZ 2.5 TT

94 N/A

Me? Post? Never! Club Member berg's Avatar
    Feedback
    19 (100%)
    I do kind of agree

Ive drove into car meets where there has been exotic cars, gtr's and alot higher end cars in front of me, yet all the attention goes to the supra

I always thought to myself in those situations, why lol

Personally i would never pay current market price for a supra, i would rather a gtr if i was in the buying position again

But im happy with mine, its silly fast and gets all the attention wherever it goes

But one thing that does my nut at every car show or meet, is the only things that people ask are, is it auto or manual? how much bhp?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast