The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wheel nut help.

samm

I have recently bought a set of Lexus gs300 borbet wheels when I tried to fit them today I found that the wheel nuts from my stock wheels won't fit,so do I need to get a set of gs300 wheel nuts or are there other Lexus ones that will fit or even better has anyone got a set they can sell me.

These are the wheels I bought the previous owner said they used their stock wheel nuts when I tried mine they wouldn't fit!here's a pic of my wheel nut can anyone confirm if this is a stock supra wheel nut?and what wheel nuts are other owners using when fitting these wheels,any help appreciated..

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

I thought stock supra wheel nuts were tapered, but maybe not. Either way, you need a set of tapered alloy nuts Samm (with the end shaped like the one in the pic below), the fitment is m12 x 1.5 and there should be lots of options. I'd steer clear of aluminium nuts - they're lighter but not as strong. I think stock nuts from Toyota are quite expensive. Because the TTE's have a centre cap this might limit your options to shorter (open ended) nuts rather than the longer fancy looking coloured ones.

http://jarsengineers.com/products/img/Nuts/tapered%20nut.jpg