The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with Data logging using emanage blue?

Guest sic1978

Guest sic1978

Hi guys, i know a few of you guys have run these in the past so thought id ask here.

Skip to bottom for my question/s!

Im experiencing some issues data logging with emanage blue and fear there is some fundamental "pieces" missing from the puzzle.

So off the bat it is worth mentioning that i have a newer emanage blue 1.50 (not sold in uk or us and sold via http://www.trust-power.com) and operates using a standard usb cable like the ultimate, making all existing/previous emanage support and alpha tools useless due to usb to usb protocol/communication being completely different to usb to serial (RS232) with converter. FYI conversion cables wont work as far as i know.

For starters i want to datalog WBO2 (innovate mtxl) and a map sensor as my engine is near maxing out the afm. and would like the map to take over when the afm maxes out. (RB25DET, sorry dirty skyline talk again, but the guys there dont like the EMB :( )

If i could get the emanage alpha tools to work with usb to usb instead of looking for a com port I'd be fine.

I am left trying to now create .CSV files and make graphs in excel to merge my Emanage logs and WBO2 logs, however i am often finding my EmanageDataConvert.xls spread sheet churns out lots of 000000's! the monitored column names are there and the seconds are there other than that a sea of 0's.

this leads me to believe something isn't quite right.

From my side there is something that bothers me that the manual does not explain, in one of my pictures ill post there is 4 check boxes with 5 secs, 10 secs, 15 secs and 20 secs which i gather are the sample rates. now there is no mention as to what these values actually mean?

secondly in the actual log pic ill post the thing that bothers me is that the time scale (time elapsed) means nothing to me, for instance it would appear my whole log for a 5 minute drive seems to equate to around 25 seconds???????

if that much activity happened in 25 seconds there is something very wrong and ill eat my own underpants.

I have had 1 log out of five that has produced a spreadsheet and graph on excel but for the life of me i cant work out what is different.

1) Is there a maximum time limit on emanage i can only log to?

2) What do the sample rates mean/what do i set it to?

3) How easy is it to merge graphs? (when i can finally get logs for both emb and wbo2 from the same drive)

4) Is there any alternative to emanage support tool or alpha tools i can log with? (must be USB to USB compatible)

Thanks so much for any advice! id ask more on yahoo groups but it seems dead in the water and takes 3-5 days just for someone to moderate and allow your topics let alone wait for an answer!

log1.PNG

log2.PNG