The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitted some nighteye led headlights

Scutch0

So I've been away from here for a while as the car had been off the road for 18months when we moved earlier last year, however I've now got it back on the road and am now tinkering with it again!

Just got 2 sets of these new led headlights, fitted them a few weeks back, so far well impressed for £30!

Beam pattern seems good, got them in full beam too now. Well impressed!

They took about a week to arrive, tbh, I'm really impressed with them, much cleaner light than my previous hids.

Wet weather is very similar to hids though, full beam is amazing however.

There's not a huge amount of room for them, but they sit ok, I had to take the battery out to get enough clearance to fully twist them in, which btw seems easier than with normal 9005's so it's possible they're closer to the factory jap spec bulbs I guess.

I'll try and get some pics later.

Also, did you need any resistors for these to work?

Nope, just plug & play

I curious how these compare to 55watt HIDs as I do like my HIDs for brightness but had several bulbs & ballasts fail on me last year, so could be tempted by these.

Also, how hot do these get as the aluminium heatsink on them is rather substantial.

They do get pretty warm, but no hotter than anything else under the bonnet I guess! And no hotter than normal bulbs

I was considering these, but they look like they will give clearance issues behind the lights, as I have an SRD overflow tank between the battery and headlight

Possibly, here's some pics of clearance.

Nope, just plug & play

They do get pretty warm, but no hotter than anything else under the bonnet I guess! And no hotter than normal bulbs

Possibly, here's some pics of clearance.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/scutchy1984/6E68DBB9-A5DF-4240-BE9A-59B907D3311A.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/scutchy1984/B7499DC2-0D97-471A-ADD4-6ECA7C668681.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/scutchy1984/E5C0BC85-1D38-4384-B165-1A12720A72D2.jpg

Damn Yeah with and expansion tank like I have there's no way that will fit.