The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Designing Billet Items

Noz

Having a play on a Saturday morning.

This is a 370z engine cover.

Haven't finished the front yet.

Going to design my own billet version. Anyone got any ideas how this could be applied to some products for the Supra?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215775[/ATTACH]

attachment.php?attachmentid=215775&d=1479542016

There are various billet stalk covers available for MX5s etc, and if theyre done subtly they look fantastic. Black anodized ones would be idea. For many people, the stalks are the only thing that lets their interior down, and theyre prohibitively expensive to replace (£300 ish iirc)

There are various billet stalk covers available for MX5s etc, and if theyre done subtly they look fantastic. Black anodized ones would be idea. For many people, the stalks are the only thing that lets their interior down, and theyre prohibitively expensive to replace (£300 ish iirc)

Dude show me some photos of what you think would look good. I'll follow your lead.

- - - Updated - - -

Cleared inbox!

Having a play on a Saturday morning.

This is a 370z engine cover.

Haven't finished the front yet.

Going to design my own billet version.

Just out of interest how much would it cost to get something that size chewed out of a single lump? I'm talking about the cost for the actual machining time and setup.

To do a direct copy I've no idea. It's getting the finish right.

I'm doing these to manufacture and sell. So can only estimate at this time.

OK, if you have access to a machining centre I guess you can absorb the cost, but big items still means a lot of swarf on the floor. Was just wondering about m/c from solid versus 3D printing. Which would probably be 4 figures for something like the engine cover.

Done some more work on the 370z engine cover.

Anyone got any indicator stalks spare for me to start looking into?

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15110856_1832540880298986_224709406761224817_o.jpg

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15178262_1832540886965652_1170599855730049305_n.jpg?oh=84a9957a02dbeac8c201adc68bb2efe5&oe=58B8A664