My Supra project 'Sophie'

Suprakeith

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well bit of funny update,had some free time this morning so decided to try find electrical problem on supra. After checking all my earths were tight and clean, checked my sensor connections and everyone seemed fine.

So thought I know would do the paperclip trick to work out what code flashing, only to open to diagnostic box to find this....lol

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2018/07/393.jpg

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2018/07/394.jpg

Did make me laugh, when see the paperclip, I must of forgotten about it when 1st started engine up (total idiot lol).

At least now that’s one problem sorted put key in and no flashing engine light....funny happy day.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

• 1 month later...

Update part 2.

I fitted the front crash bar, refitted front cross member, fitted new timing cover and trimmed cam cover to fit also I fitted and plumbed in oil cooler.

The oil cooler is only temporary fitted as waiting for intercooler to turn up so can fit oil cooler in right position.

I ordered the Whifbitz NA-T on 3rd August and Paul said would be 3-4 weeks delivery so waiting now for that to turn up now to continue with build, I also spoke to lee at SRD about battery relocation kit so once turbo kit fitted will get that ordered and fitted.

To protect engine bay from heat of turbo I have purchased DEI titanium heat wrap to cover manifold and downpipe plus cover for turbo it’s self.

I ran the car this weekend for good 30 minutes to test for leak on oil cooler and get oil up to temperature and double check everything still fine and no leaks in preparation of turbo kit turning up.

Forgot to add I also finished wiring the nos system back into engine bay, bleed power steering system and painted and refitted spark plug cover.

Fingers crossed turbo kit turns up soon so can get that heat wrapped and fitted, then make brackets for oil cooler at work and get front wings painted/refitted then just need to orders new bomex bumper and carbon bonnet.

Edited by Suprakeith (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Right haven’t updated this awhile duo to being mega busy at work and life plus drilled thought hand while working on build and couldn’t hold spanner or ratchet for about 3 weeks, but the build is making good progress now, so will try to bring my thread upto date tonight.

On the 12th October my Whifbitz na-t kit turned up, was so excited to finally have kit and gave kit really good look over and was very impressed and pleased with the quality of the kit.

1st job on list was I wanted to test fit the log manifold as was aware the studs needed cutting down so wanted to find out by

Then I wanted to get intercooler fitted into place, which was really easy to fit .

Once them jobs were done and studs cut down I fitted the log manifold, wastegate and turbo, plus also heat wrapped the screamer pipe and fitted that to wastegate ready.

On Black Friday I treated myself to a Link G4+ Ecu.

Last few weeks have been struggling with the turbo oil lines, have to 1st an quite shocked and surprised that the oil lines don’t come pre made on the turbo kit, but that’s one of them things.

So ordered AN spanner set but none of them fitted the fittings so spent next two weeks ordering different sets and sending them back until finally got few that fitted the fittings, I managed to get the oil feed on but still haven’t got the drain on as the hose wasn’t in great condition so had 50mm cut off from place near me and now line isn’t long enough, so have asked mate who works at Perkins to make up some hose so fingers crossed should have that soon and can fit rest of turbo kit mainly the intercooler pipes.

Once kit all fitted will fire her up again and check for leaks and make sure everything working fine.

I still have the SRD battery relocation kit to fit and move the screen wash bottle into boot.

I have had to remove the Nos solenoids and lines from engine bay as no longer fit on hot side with the turbo, will be having the nos system reinstalled once get FFIM next year.

On 17th December will be collecting my freshly painted front wings and can get lights and bonnet refitted so she starts looking like car again.

Some more news on my build, mate managed to make up new oil drain hose for me

Also managed to find company who are going to 3D print an ecu box for my new Link G4, so looking forward to cin it made and how it looks,

As bringing supra out next year decided to do proper insurance quote as last couple years just had her on a garage policy while doing build, went with Adrian Flux and have declared all mods with £30k agreed value for £420 for the year, over the moon with my policy.

Today decided to fit drain hose and intercooler pipe work in the hope of starting her up for her 1st time with turbo, but unfortunately when started fitting pipework noticed that was missing one pipe and two silicone joiners from kit so have emailed Whifbitz in the hope they send them out this week without any problems. Am missing the one that goes from bottom off turbo to intercooler pipework under radiator, slightly annoyed about it but one of them things I guess.

The link ecu P&P board is meant to be installed into your old ECU case btw. Just unscrew the screws that hold your currently NA ECU motherboard in place and link ecu will bolt in place.

The Link ecu doesn’t fit the n/a ecu box, it’s designed to fit the GTE ecu and not tearing apart a GTE 6speed ecu just for the box

Slight update with build, picked up my freshly painted front wings Saturday, can’t wait to get them fitted over Christmas holiday, plus had email today and my 3D printed ecu case will be sent out tomorrow so really can’t wait to see how that looks.

Have emailed Whifbitz about missing intercooler pipe and should have it after Christmas am still not very happy as waited 9 weeks as he was having problem with intercooler pipe quality and sent out kit with no pipe and now can’t start up engine after waiting so long, it’s doing my head in.

Will post up pictures of ecu case when turns up.

Well little update with build, have finally got the turbo oil drain fitted, plus have completely removed nos system from engine bay, will be reinstalling it once get FFIM as will be going direct port but have no room in engine bay as all the nos solonoids and lines were situated where turbo now sits.

Plus something really interesting came in post yesterday my 3D printed ecu case for my link G4, it looks really good and can’t wait to get it all fitted.

Made some good progress on Sophie today, finally got the wings and bonnet fitted, haven’t got them all lined up perfect yet just wanted to get them on out way and fitted so could focus on getting battery and screen wash fitted into boot, that’s my next job after had good tidy up in garage.

• 2 months later...

Well haven’t updated this for quite a while, haven’t made great progress build last few months due to old knee injury, but have been doing few bits.

Finally got all the wings lined up properly and bolted on, plus have had old scuttle panel repainted and fitted with new OEM rubber seal.

Also the missing intercooler pipe from Whifbitz finally turned end of January so attempted to fit that but he had sent wrong joiner so after few hours had lost my temper and threw pipe damaging it.

He never said sorry but did admit was his fault for sending wrong joiner.

Well today in garage I managed to finally fit said pipe and joiner, had to cut water hose and remove anti roll bar just to get in on but at least it’s done now, also managed to get rest on intercooler pipe work all connected and drivers side headlight fitted, want to mount oil cooler before fit passenger headlight. She’s all ready to fire up now for 1st time since starting to fit Whifbitz na-t kit. Will properly fire her up in week and let run for 30minutes on idle just to check everything, also going to order new bomex front bumper soon so can get that painted and fitted.

Was planning to have car on road in April but don’t think that will happen now as saving money just incase need operation on knee and could be off work for few months.