The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Harleys new progress blog from the start. My Na 5

HarleyFDMD

I have bought another new set of wheels

New wheels make me happy!

To be honest i was slightly unsure on them when i initially saw the sales advert but they were a cracking price and super rare sizes so thought id take a punt at them and if i didnt like them id easily be able to get my money back.

Anyway, Christian (spunkmeyer) kindly dropped them off to me tonight as he was passing through and they are much nicer than i first imagined.

Genuine BBSs all original with the original screw on centre caps.

18x9 fronts and 18x10 rears.

Im super stoked with them!

They are in need of a refurb but for the price i paid i couldnt be happier.

And before anyone asks, my old wheels have sold. They literally sold within minutes of me putting on facebook that i had new wheels

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170818/77cdcb5da0d93acee3c091caec556f44.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170818/76c39f406cc2d09d6054abec19ded563.jpg

With a fresh refurb and new decals these are going to look awesome and will allow me more clearance and therefore a proper geometry setup

Dam was going to ask about the old wheels. :(

Car looks stunning. Be nice to see the engine and transee go in.

I have been looking online today at various pictures and colour schemes and tbh i think they look the best in a nice oem light silver with red BBS accents - quite motorsport orientated.

So i think thats what im going to do. I have ordered red centre caps and rim decals.. the more i look at them the more i like them. Cant wait to have them fitted

Japanese performance show.

I had an absolutely brilliant day, caught up with loads of people and quite literally just spent the whole day chatting.

I was really pleased with my spot in the exhibition hall and the car really did look nice. I wouldnt usually blow my own trumpet (so to speak 😉) but it was absolutely gleaming and i think the effort i have put into this car really shon through. I had various people come up to me and compliment it and the whole day was really enjoyable.

• Like 1

Car was looking beautiful mate and very shiny :cool:

Every time I passed round where you were on the show & shine section I wanted to come over for a chat but you always had loads of people chatting to you so didn't want to interrupt, glad you beat me to it and found where I was parked up and said Hi as it was good having a chat.

From what you was telling me I can't wait to see the updates on the new engine build so will be watching with interest :)

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

The only downside to theses shows for me is that my bonnet does stay firmly shut!

And with such a high number of other supras all with spectacular engine bays it does frustrate me.. (maybe frustrate isnt the correct word?) But you get what i mean.. im getting impatient!

I keep telling people 'yeah im getting there'

But im really not!

Its sooo expensive to do it 'right' and give the car what it deserves.

I will do it though.

Regarding the wheels Josh, its funny actually, when i sold the old Rotas in favour of the XXRs everyone said i was mad and that the rotas were far nicer... then when i suggested powder coating them all black everyone objected again.

But now I've done it everyone loves them! So much so that as soon as i mentioned i had new wheels about 10 people PMd me instantly and 2 minutes later they were sold!

I have some plans for the BBSs so we'll see what people think once they're done.

I might be mad here but i bought another sunframe to refurbish!

I have already done this once and hated every second of it so naturally thought fuck it lets do it again.

Basically i didnt document it very well the first time and also after having it shot blasted and zinc primed i then caked it in underseal.. dont get me wrong it will certainly last eternity, but it doesnt look as pretty as it perhaps would have done if id have powder coated it. So thats what i intend to do to this one.

I also bought a van! Because everyone should have a van.

My 'supra parts transportation wagon'

• Haha 1

Those who have done a subframe may have encountered this too...

No matter how nasty the rest of it is the lugs under the rear mounts remain perfect, as if still new.

Both my subframes have been like this and i find it pretty amazing.

Im going to have to buy a reciprocating saw to cut the arms off as they are typically seized solid. You can do it with an angle grinder but its safer to do it with a saw, far less chance of catching the subframe.

While im waiting for that to arrive i have started on the rear mounts.

It took 20 tonnes of pressure to finally press the old bushes out!

Chances are if you're doing this you'll shear off the bolts that hold the anti roll bar brackets onto these mounts.

One side was fine but the other side had both sheared off

The captive nuts are tack welded on and personally i think its best to knock them off and start fresh with new regardless of whether you get the bolts out or not (unless your subframe is absolutely mint)